B737, CRJ 700 Shared Cockpit Instruments Go Dark

Report problems with JoinFS.
Dan-TXHills

B737, CRJ 700 Shared Cockpit Instruments Go Dark

Post by Dan-TXHills »

Observed by others but not yet by me - will test this when I get a chance

Both host and guest pilot in shared cockpit flying the same stock FSX aircraft - the pilot joining has no issue seeing the instruments initially but within two or three minutes the electronic instruments go blank. Pitot-static system appears to work but not the backup gyro horizon. If the pilot joining leaves the aircraft and re-joins the primary flight display and HSI work properly but the EICAS display is all "zero's" (N1, N2, etc. - appears that engines are not running, flap indicator does not display any flaps regardless of flap position, etc.).

Also, it has been observed that the light switches appear to the pilot joining to flip on and off, even on initial join.

As I said, I will test this myself but this has been reported by a few folks. Has anyone else observed this with shared cockpit?

I will say that I have observed this when joining a PMDG 737 while I was in a stock 737-800. I attributed the phenomenon to some discrepancy between the PMDG 737 and the stock FSX 737.

Dan
Peter
Site Admin

Re: B737, CRJ 700 Shared Cockpit Instruments Go Dark

Post by Peter »

Hi Dan,

some shared cockpit issues were brought to my attention last weekend. It's partly related to a change I made in version 1.2.8. I would suggest carry on using shared cockpit as far as you can, but I'm afraid you'll have to wait until I'm able to get the fixes in for those bugs. I'm currently in the middle of getting X-Plane support in, but I'm expecting to get a test build for X-Plane within the next two weeks. I'll get the bug fixes in the test build after that for you to try, or you could wait for the next stable build which will be about 2-3 weeks.

Apologies for that.

Peter
Dan-TXHills

Re: B737, CRJ 700 Shared Cockpit Instruments Go Dark

Post by Dan-TXHills »

Thanks Peter.

I think we will do what we have to do as a work-around for now since it sounds like this will be fixed in about three weeks. Appreciate your attention to this. I've been identifying the X-Plane folks here so they can give some feedback on the X-Plane test version.

Dan