ai aircraft everywhere...

Report problems with JoinFS.
JEA

ai aircraft everywhere...

Post by JEA »

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your continued progress with this programme.
I have searched for this answer but have drawn a blank. Every time I run a session, or when I join another session, I get moaned at because the users say they are swamped with Cessna's etc. I have my AI buttons at zero, and do not scan for AI aircraft. The minute I leave a session they all say the traffic has gone. I log in again and they say its back. However...I don't see it. Looking on FSTramp, I see only the joined aircraft, but not this mass of aircraft the others see on their FSTramp. My friend took a screenshot last night at the airport, and besides his aircraft are two sets of 'double' Cessna's.
Would you have any idea what is causing this ?
Many thanks in advance,

Tony
Peter
Site Admin

Re: ai aircraft everywhere...

Post by Peter »

Hi Tony,

Next time you connect, have a look at the aircraft list, View|Aircraft. Look at the broadcast column and make sure that only your aircraft is being broadcast. Also open the View|Objects and also check if any objects are listing with the broadcast option ticked. If any are ticked you need to deselect them for broadcast.

Are you using P3D or FSX? What about the others who see the multiple aircraft, are they using P3D or FSX?

Thanks,

Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

...and could you check your JoinFS settings and make sure that the Auto Broadcast options are both unticked in the Network settings?

Peter
JEA

Post by JEA »

Hi Peter,
Thank you again for your quick response, most appreciated. You have solved the problem (greeted with a loud cheer last night from my flying companions). After checking my broadcast settings, which were clear, I looked at the Objects page, and sure enough, half a dozen items in there were ticked. After removing the ticks, one by one, my friends were calling out as each one disappeared from their sim.
We were using a mixture of FSX and P3D v4. I personally was using FSX. I expect another round of cheering tonight when I will be flying with a different group of people.!!!!!!
Thanks again for your time,

Tony
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Brilliant, Tony. I can just imagine it. :D

Glad it's sorted.

Peter