Experiencing stutters on close formation

Report problems with JoinFS.
Tisor

Experiencing stutters on close formation

Post by Tisor »

Hello Peter,

We are trying to investigate the cause of what can be happening to us. Long time ago I read someones were having stutters when flying on close formations, but I've never heard about it after that. Also searched on the forum with no results.

We are experiencing it this days, almost unnoticeable when flying on 2-ship formation, but yesterday we were flying 4 F18 and the stuttering was huge. Very frustrating.

It appears to happen more when the speed is higher: at 350kts it was difficult to mantain close formation, but when landing in formation at 180kts it was perfect with no stuttering.

Everyone was running a good enough connection, all around 40ms on latency.

I don't know if you know something about this issue or what can we do to find the problem.

We were flying VRS Superbug, Tacpack Enabled (but broadcast disabled), FSX Steam Edition, 3 Windows 7 & 1 W10.

Hope we can help to find the issue. Count on us for any testing you need.

Best Regards,
Tisor
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Experiencing stutters on close formation

Post by Peter »

Hi Tisor,

Could you try getting everyone to close any open JoinFS windows except the main one. That may be a cause.

And also try the next version 1.2.8 which is out soon because that will include a fix to ensure that fuel and payload is being synced correctly. Currently they aren't being synced at all.

I'll try some high speed tests as well, as I don't often fly that fast. :)

Thanks for reporting it.
Peter
Tisor

Re: Experiencing stutters on close formation

Post by Tisor »

Peter wrote:Hi Tisor,

Could you try getting everyone to close any open JoinFS windows except the main one. That may be a cause.

And also try the next version 1.2.8 which is out soon because that will include a fix to ensure that fuel and payload is being synced correctly. Currently they aren't being synced at all.

I'll try some high speed tests as well, as I don't often fly that fast. :)

Thanks for reporting it.
Peter
I have confirmed everyone was flying with all the windows closed, as result of the previous report we made and you tell us to try so.

I forgot to inform we were flying on IVAO. Also, one of the users (only one) was using SIMACARS.

Sorry for all that posting but hope it can be of help for you. Maybe Simconnect is not updating fast enough when at high speeds so that's why it's making those stutters?

Any test you want us to try please report here, we will do it ASAP.