Engines Die On Model Substitute

Report problems with JoinFS.
JackRiordan

Engines Die On Model Substitute

Post by JackRiordan »

I've recently switched over to P3Dv4, and it's been a great experience. I haven't had any issues with joinFS until today. I noticed that, when I substitute another player's aircraft model, my aircraft's engines will immediately die! Fortunately, I am able to restart them with my engine start hotkey.

I just wanted to bring this to the community's attention, so it may be addressed in the future. Other than that, I'm having an enormous amount of fun! :D
aeronauta

Re: Engines Die On Model Substitute

Post by aeronauta »

Jack , that may be a SIM problem , it also sometimes happens in Multiplayer that an AC is cold&dark and the other replicates ..

Jorge
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Jack,

yes, there have now been multiple reports of engines stopping on some aircraft, including Caranado. The strange thing is this only started happening on version 4 of P3D so I'm not sure what has changed, whether it is necessarily a simulator bug or something that I am or am not doing in JoinFS that contributes to it.

Can you remember which aircraft you were in, and which aircraft you substituted?

Thanks,
Peter
JackRiordan

Post by JackRiordan »

I was using the Carenado Dornier 228 and Wonky was flying the Carenado B1900. I had to substitute the correct aircraft model for his aircraft, which caused my engines to immediately fail.
JackRiordan

Post by JackRiordan »

Now that I think about it, it may have been loading the models from the FSX folder instead of P3D. I've since uninstalled FSX, and I will report back!
JackRiordan

Post by JackRiordan »

It seems scanning the models folder in P3Dv4 did the trick . I suppose I should've done that from the start :oops: .
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

That's interesting, Jack. Makes me wonder if it's actually the same issue as the others or not. I think it probably is related. The scan might have simply stopped the bug from appearing for whatever reason. I'll keep an eye on it.

Peter