v1.0.4 test

Report problems with JoinFS.
Deano1973

v1.0.4 test

Post by Deano1973 »

HI Peter,

We tested v1.0.4 tonight and came up with the following observations:

The shared weather seems to cause an issue with some members. One player saw constant pauses in his FSX every ten seconds or so and reduced frame-rates - when he switched off weather matching the issues also disappeared. I saw a flashing blue sky above and artifacting on the ground as though a visibility layer was flickering just above ground level. I'm only guessing but it seemed possible that the weather was in some ways flicking back and forth between server settings and personal settings perhaps? The flashing sky also appeared in v1.0.3 the previous night.

Canopies were also still going up and down repeatedly when opened - not sure if this extends to other animations though ( undercarriage operates normally and correctly, for instance.

Finally, after careful testing TacPack is confirmed as not working across the network. This time, all users were running it and so was the server. Dropped ordnance was not visible nor were effects. Fore the individual, however, weapons and damage work normally so it's still enjoyable to deliver a hefty blast to an unsuspecting target :D

As ever, P2P was perfect. Hope this all helps!
Peter
Site Admin

Re: v1.0.4 test

Post by Peter »

Hi Dean,

Thanks for the update!

The weather problems sounds a little odd as it only updates once a minute. You mention that the weather was flicking back and forth, did you have any other weather engines attached? If not, then something is acting up. Really the weather is that complicated, I'm literally getting the METAR text from one pilot and setting it on your machine. I'll do some more testing here.

I did take part in a five player test tonight, albeit in the rather tame Tiger Moth compared to your activities. We did experience some strange things going on with 1.0.4, but they were more network related, so it's interesting that your session was ok. It could be partly the weather issue above. We went back to 1.0.3 and everything was fine.

I'll press on with 1.0.5 which will have some important network optimisations.

Best regards,
Peter