Shared Cockpit - Stock vs. Payware

Report problems with JoinFS.
migeater

Shared Cockpit - Stock vs. Payware

Post by migeater »

Hi Peter,

I've been trying the shared cockpit feature using the IRIS Grob Tutor, but the switch selections do not carry across the network. Tried the same thing with the Baron without any problems. I appreciate you can't provide bug support for every payware a/c. Is this a common problem?

Thanks,

Nick
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Shared Cockpit - Stock vs. Payware

Post by Peter »

Hi Nick,

that's a tricky one. I'll refer you to this post I made yesterday, I think it may provide a solution for this problem as well.
Peter wrote: Instead of adding all of these little features into JoinFS itself, at some point (probably a few months away) I'm planning on implementing a simple software interface, possibly using SimConnect, that will allow any third party developer to propagate any custom data they like across the JoinFS network session. Think of it as piggybacking on the JoinFS network, where the developer will access a list of aircraft/objects/users with unique IDs that they can assign any custom data to. This data will then be automatically propagated over the network and can be read by the same add-on running on each user's machine.

What this means is that JoinFS can be leaner and will be providing two essential things: a stable cross-platform network and smooth object updates, but have potentially an unlimited expansion of features provided by third party add-on developers.

I think this could be the best way forward for JoinFS.
Peter
edakridge

Post by edakridge »

Peter, this sounds similar to the approach that MIlviz took with the F-4 Shared cockpit feature. I am anxiously looking forward to it!
migeater

Post by migeater »

Hi Peter, sorry, I didn't see that post. The concept sounds amazing, hopefully we can get the manufacturers onboard!

Thanks, Nick
SiR R.i.P.P.E.R.

Post by SiR R.i.P.P.E.R. »

You definitely have one onboard.