Canopies and Slight Jitters

Report problems with JoinFS.
Robert

Canopies and Slight Jitters

Post by Robert »

Hey Peter, I've noticed that canopies when playing back A2A planes like the Texan and P-47 open and close repeatedly and constantly when they were in the open position for the actual flight. When I close the canopy it shows properly closed and stays closed in playback. This is all in record/playback mode with no multiplayer.

Also, I'm now picking up a slight and occasional judder that I don't think was there in 0.4.2. Maybe it was and I didn't notice it, but in 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 both, I see occasional hiccups. This is also when trying to fly formation with planes that are playing back and not in multiplayer.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Canopies and Slight Jitters

Post by Peter »

Thanks, Robert.

I know about the canopy. I'll add it to the bug list, although when I last looked at it there didn't appear to be the possibility of a solution. I'll take another look.

It's interesting about the slight jitter, because I did try reducing the sample rate in the later versions just to see how it performed. I shall change it back in 1.0.4, so we'll see if that cures it.

Thanks for all the testing! :)
Peter
vfrsim

Re: Canopies and Slight Jitters

Post by vfrsim »

I wouldn't put to much weight in any A2A product as far as testing this platform. Their animations have been known for years not to work well in a multiplayer / AI environment.

However, in regards to sample rate, I should think that more is better?

Been following this daily. Great work thus far!! Very excited with each release.

- Joseph