Update 1.03 not working for me?

Report problems with JoinFS.
Gibbon

Update 1.03 not working for me?

Post by Gibbon »

Hi there

I've been using the 1.02 version with no problems over the past few days, after deleting last version and installing the new 1.03 update today I know get these two error message when I try to start JoinFS, "Failed to load External.dll", followed by"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" ?
I am running P3D V2.5 on Windows 10 64 and have ticked run as Administrator in properties of JoinFS, I also turned off Avast Anti-Virus for download and install but it did flash up "Windows SmartScreen prevented this app from starting" so I selected Run Anyway in the SmartScreen box, then it installed fine. Any help would be appreciated on this.

Cheers Gibbon.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Update 1.03 not working for me?

Post by Peter »

Hi Gibbon,

currently looking into it. Thanks for letting me know! Will respond as soon as it's resolved.

Regards,
Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi,

Yes, you did the right thing on Windows Smart Screen so that's not the problem.

Would you be able to check if Avast has stopped External.dll from being installed. If you look where you installed JoinFS (C:\Program Files (x86)\JoinFS), is the External.dll in that folder along with JoinFS.exe? If not, then you could try re-running JoinFS-1.0.3.msi and see if it is now there.

Peter
Gibbon

Post by Gibbon »

Hello there

Yes have checked the JoinFS folder and the External.dll is in there, Avast did not seem to effect anything and it was turn off for download and install. I did try un-installing and installing v1.03 three times, I also used CCleaner to clear old reg files but always the same problem for me, I also tried an old v0.42 which worked perfectly but did not show other aircraft in the sim, so un-installed that also.
V1.02 worked for me so I will download that now as it is back up.
It's a great product so far, keep up your good work and thanks a lot for getting back to me so quickly.
I will reinstall v1.02 and let you know how that works.

Thanks Gibbon.
Gibbon

Post by Gibbon »

Ok Peter

I un-installed everything again then installed the V1.02 and all is working perfectly again after a quick test with three friends.
Thanks for your help again. :)
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

If it is ok with you, it would be really useful if you could you try 1.0.3-TEST from http://pmem.uk/joinfs/development.html This test build can co-exist with the normal version of JoinFS and puts a 'JoinFS (TEST)' icon on the desktop.

If you could try running that, you will probably get the same original error. Then could you try installing the Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 library from here, https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=30679. It's the x86 version, it's only 6Mb. Then try running JoinFS (TEST) again to see if that fixes it.

It's likely that I need to include this in the JoinFS installer.

Thanks,
Peter