Amber network

Report problems with JoinFS.
Deano1973

Amber network

Post by Deano1973 »

Hi Peter,

Tried to test with v1.0.1 tonight, nobody could connect with anybody else. Checked ports, all set as 6112 ( standard ). Tried everything; restarting FSX, JoinFS network creation etc. All routers open, models scanned, firewall exceptions set and we were all using FSX. We then tried 0.4.2 and all got the same thing ( four players ). All could create a network, but nobody could connect to each other, network light was always amber.

Any ideas as we're a bit stumped as to solutions - I'm sure it's something we're missing but just can't think what?

Cheers
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Amber network

Post by Peter »

I've seen something similar to this before when different versions are used to connect to each other. The client should reject connections if the versions are incompatible. However, even when the another version is tried immediately afterwards it still failed. It's almost as though there were still some old buffered network data floating around. I shall try connecting different versions together and see if I can duplicate the problem.

Peter
Deano1973

Post by Deano1973 »

Hi Peter,

Updating this thread as last night we had the server switched to FSX Multiplayer for some TacPack testing. A few of us decided to create our own JoinFS session for testing using v1.0.11. None of us could connect to each other: despite sharing IPs we either got amber Network lights or "This IP is unknown" messages ( or similar, I can't recall the exact words ). Apparently, this also happened to other users a few nights ago. Nobody can connect to each other except via our server, which works fine.

Would things anti-virus software etc block JoinFS? It seems odd that literally none of us have been able to connect with each other at all?

Cheers,

P.S. We'll be updating to the next version of JoinFS when it appears.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Dean,

That does seem odd. I assume everyone had allowed JoinFS through the firewall? And if you are connecting to someone else, they will need to have port forwarding set up on their router.

If you could take enable logging to file and then send me the log.txt if it contains any messages about the problem that may help.

Version 1.0.14 is out now.

Peter
Deano1973

Post by Deano1973 »

Hi Peter,

Just confirming that my Firewall had allowed JoinFS access, however I have since checked and my AVG Firewall protection did not list JoinFS as allowing access. I will inform the chaps to ensure that their firewalls and security allow JoinFS to operate and test again,

Cheers,
Dean
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Dean,

this may be related to JoinFS checking the version number against pmem.uk. I noticed pmem.uk was a bit slow the other day. Did you get a message saying that there was a new version at the same time as you had the problems. Anyway, I'll attempt to fix it in version 1.0.15.

Thanks,
Peter