Followed Aircraft jumping in Overdub

Report problems with JoinFS.
Bluebird1

Followed Aircraft jumping in Overdub

Post by Bluebird1 »

Good day, Sir!

First of all, thank you for a great piece of software. It was very easy to download, install and set up. This will be a huge help for my formation Team (FSX Bluebirds).

Jumping Details
I recorded a flight then set up to fly with it on the right wing using the overdub feature. I found the lead plane quite jumpy - especially on turns. My frame rate was set at 29fps - which is where we keep it for the FSX Multiplayer mode. My PC is an i7 1.6g windows7 64 bit system with 12g Memory and a GeForce GTX960 card with the latest drivers for that card.

If This problem could be addressed and fixed it sure would be great.

Oh - yes - I don't think there is a way to see all aircraft at once from a tower view or have I missed something?

Thank you again
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Followed Aircraft jumping in Overdub

Post by Peter »

Hi,

Was the jumpy aircraft a recording of a network aircraft or one that you recorded of yourself? The recording of network aircraft still needs a bit of work. I made some changes a while ago that made them a bit jumpy.

I'm not sure what you mean by seeing all the aircraft at once from a tower view? Do you mean all on the screen at the same time. Could you zoom out while on that view?

Peter
Bluebird1

Post by Bluebird1 »

Thanks for your reply, Peter

I am still on the learning curve of this software, and I believe it was a recording of myself, however I am not 100% Sure how to tell one from the other yet. Still studying the manual. How would I Go about making a recording that may not be jumpy?
Will keep experimenting and maybe I will understand better when Infinish the manual.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I'm afraid the online manual is somewhat out of date. There is a link to a guide that someone has written in PDF format at the top of the manual page. That is relatively up to date. I'll make an effort next week to get on top of the manual.

If the aircraft was a recording of yourself then it should be quite smooth, otherwise you'll need to wait until I've fixed some minor problems with the recorder that crept in recently.

Peter
Bluebird1

Post by Bluebird1 »

Absolutely no problem, Peter. This is a really great piece of work.
The manual that I downloaded is the pdf format file from the link at the top of the page.

I am sure that I am not alone in telling you how much your work is appreciated, and once I have the opportunity to present this to my pilots, I feel quite certain that we will be making a donation to help you continue your excellent work.
Bluebird1

Post by Bluebird1 »

Peter wrote:Hi,

Was the jumpy aircraft a recording of a network aircraft or one that you recorded of yourself? The recording of network aircraft still needs a bit of work. I made some changes a while ago that made them a bit jumpy.

I'm not sure what you mean by seeing all the aircraft at once from a tower view? Do you mean all on the screen at the same time. Could you zoom out while on that view?

Peter
What I am trying to find out is - if I record a routine flown by several aircraft in formation is there a way to see all of the aircraft at once from any ground based view as if one were a spectator?

Does it depend upon if the recording is a recording of a network flight or if it is an overdubbed recording?
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

If you want to view the aircraft from a distance then perhaps the normal FSX tower view would do the job? Do you have any of the OrbX scenery, there is a free add-on called OrbX BOB which allows you to spectate from any position I think. I briefly used that recently.

It makes no difference whether you record from the network or use the overdub feature. Any recording is just the stored flight paths and states of multiple aircraft. There's nothing more to it than that. You can just treat the playback aircraft as though they are AI traffic flying a pre-planned route.

Peter