1.1.4 report

Report problems with JoinFS.
Wood

1.1.4 report

Post by Wood »

Good day Peter

Just a quick note on the latest 1.1.4. Incredible and it keeps on getting better. From someone who's been running a dedicated P2P server for the past 5 years I must say what we at VCW3 are seeing is incredible MP stability. P3D multiplayer performance is incredible and from what we are seeing here JoinFS is approaching the same results fast. Great work and thank you.

However what we have noticed a couple of small issues the past couple of flights. I'll try to explain the best I can.

VCW3 Server Hub
plus two clients.

1. While on a two ship training flight for air refueling. A tanker was spawned with the use of FSX@WAR CCP. Designated tacan channel was 35Y AA. My self as client 1 had spawned the Tanker. Both aircraft had the proper tacan channel 35Y on AA. what was seen was the client that spawned the tanker was given the right posit Bearing and distance form the selected tacan. client 2 was not indicating the proper bearing and distance in fact it was 180 off with over 50nm difference. so somehow that is not making it across to all other clients connected.
2. During this same session I have noticed an airspeed difference between clients of around 50 kts indicated. Both aircraft were set to display indicated A/S.
3. Shared cockpit between different platforms works quiet well. However is there any chance in the future that flight controls will be transferable?

Great work again and look forward to more.

Wood
Peter
Site Admin

Re: 1.1.4 report

Post by Peter »

Hi Wood,

1. I'll have to investigate this. I installed the CCP the other day.
2. How did the airspeed difference become apparent, do you mean you were using shared cockpit? It sounds like it may be that the weather didn't correspond between the two clients. Did you check the wind readout in the aircraft list to see if they matched?
3. Yes, I have plans for transferring flight controls. Complete transfer and probably also a multi-role state where some systems can be controlled by the copilot and/or navigator.

Thanks,
Peter
Wood

Re: 1.1.4 report

Post by Wood »

Hi Peter
Sorry for the late reply. I needed a break and took a couple of days off.

Any news on what we were seeing with the tacan information?

Second very good question. Not sure about that because we all use active sky or real world ex program during mp sessions. In this case I was actually testing the copy weather. We'll run another test on that to confirm.

As for your last answer that would be great. Can't wait. However another guestion I forgot to ask was time sync. Any plans on that.

Cheers
Wood