Multiplayer with Aircraft Substitution

Report problems with JoinFS.
Robert

Multiplayer with Aircraft Substitution

Post by Robert »

http://www.avsim.com/topic/495925-joinf ... try3493490

Not my post but a heads-up:
Regarding aircraft substitution:

A pilot joined the session in an aircraft I did not have. The aircraft list showed the aircraft as the default Cessna 172 (blue and white, I believe) and when I clicked on the substitution button I could see the actual aircraft (a payware DC-3). But - until I made the appropriate substitution I could not see any aircraft (not even the default Cessna 172). Is this the way the (temporary) Cessna 172 substitution is intended to work?

Dan
Wanted to add that I got a chance to try multiplayer yesterday and it subbed out the 172 for the plane the other guy was flying just fine and I could see and hear it just fine.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Multiplayer with Aircraft Substitution

Post by Peter »

Thanks, Robert.

This might be because you had the latest test version. There have been a couple of bug fixes to the model matching, so this could explain it.

Best regards,
Peter
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hey Peter, I was just posting what someone else said on another forum. It's working great for me other than the double quotes thing and I'm still on 0.4.2.

I pulled down 1.0.0 but haven't been using it yet. Is it file compatible with 0.4.2? If so I'll switch to using that.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Robert wrote:Hey Peter, I was just posting what someone else said on another forum. It's working great for me other than the double quotes thing and I'm still on 0.4.2.

I pulled down 1.0.0 but haven't been using it yet. Is it file compatible with 0.4.2? If so I'll switch to using that.
I'm going to release 1.0.1-TEST this afternoon (includes bookmarks), so I would hold off for that. Yes the model matching files are compatible. These test versions will also co-exist with the stable releases, so you could leave 0.4.2 on the PC and install 1.0.1-TEST. It will show as an additional program icon, 'JoinFS (TEST)'

Peter
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hey Peter,

How about the .jfs files from saved flights - are those compatible between these versions?

Regards,
Robert
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Robert wrote:Hey Peter,

How about the .jfs files from saved flights - are those compatible between these versions?

Regards,
Robert
Hi Robert,

Yes, I'll be keeping .jfs files backward compatible, so they should work with all future versions.

Peter