Server

Report problems with JoinFS.
vbegin7

Server

Post by vbegin7 »

I have fowarded ports on my router to server computer as 6112 and can connect with a local ip 192.168.1..... but when i use the public ip address i cannot make a connection even with the program allowed through fireall open ports,and firewall completely off.

What should i do ?

Sincerely,
Vbegin7
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Server

Post by Peter »

Hi,

are you connecting to the public IP address from a machine outside of your home network? You won't be able to 'see' your public address from within your LAN. The public address is only for people connecting to you from the internet.

If you are connecting machines within a LAN then you can just use the local IP address.

Peter
vbegin7

Post by vbegin7 »

Ok I have been trying to setup the server and using external up on local machine to try and join so I can make sure others connecting from the internet can join but your saying if I have the server on another local machine I can't connect with another local machine with public up it has to be local up ?
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Yes, that's it exactly. The only way to check if your public IP can be connected to, is to get someone to remotely connect to it.

Best regards,
Peter
vbegin7

Post by vbegin7 »

Thanks Peter for the fast feedback !
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Http://Canyouseeme.org is also a very good tool.
It will tell you if your router and firewalls are allowing people from outside your network to see your server.
vbegin7

Post by vbegin7 »

Im checking to see if my port is closed through a program im using and it says its closed then in my router its actually open im lost...............
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I'm not sure that an external program will be able to tell if your port is open or not. I can't see how it would be able to do that. I'll PM you and we can arrange a time when I can try connecting to you with JoinFS. That's the best way to test it.

Peter