Problems rendering "Objects"

Report problems with JoinFS.
simskunkworks.com

Problems rendering "Objects"

Post by simskunkworks.com »

Hi Peter,
just tested 1.1.1, JoinFS shows to be better and better, congrat.
However some problems remain:
- While JoinFS detect correctly in "Objects view" boats and others it seems that objects rendering has problems, not all objects are correctly rendered or no rendered at all.
- about broadcasting of COM 1 STDBY, COM2 PRIMARY and COM2 STDBY, we are not sure they are broadcast correctly, our tests on 1.0.21 were not successfull, not tested on 1.1.1 yet.
- about the (A:IS USER SIM, bool) sim var, it seems not correctly propagated, it is very important to settle if the model (i mean the .mdl) acting is in first person (IS USER SIM = true) or is in third person (IS USER SIM = false), we use it to activate some animations and/or external store visibility tags so it is important is correctness.
In multiplayer mode the (A:IS USER SIM, bool) is always true if queried by the .mdl of the player and always false if queried by an hosted model (third person), it seems not to be the same in JoinFS.
TIA
/Mario
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Problems rendering "Objects"

Post by Peter »

Hi Mario,

I'm not sure the objects are actually broadcasting properly at the moment. I'll have to check this.

I fixed a bug for STDBY in 1.1.1, so they ought to be working. Haven't fully test this myself, but if you could check it then that would be great, thanks.

That's interesting about IS USER SIM. I only ever read this variable from the simulator to check for the user's aircraft. Do I need to set this value for other aircraft/objects, then? I'm quite sure that your own aircraft currently has IS USER SIM as true.

Peter
simskunkworks.com

Re: Problems rendering "Objects"

Post by simskunkworks.com »

Peter wrote:Hi Mario,

I'm not sure the objects are actually broadcasting properly at the moment. I'll have to check this.

I fixed a bug for STDBY in 1.1.1, so they ought to be working. Haven't fully test this myself, but if you could check it then that would be great, thanks.

That's interesting about IS USER SIM. I only ever read this variable from the simulator to check for the user's aircraft. Do I need to set this value for other aircraft/objects, then? I'm quite sure that your own aircraft currently has IS USER SIM as true.

Peter
Hi Peter,
we will check COMx propagation next week, i will keep you informed.
About IS USER SIM, you got the point, it should be set as TRUE for your own aircraft and set to FALSE for other aircratfs objects.
So done JoinFS will behave as multiplayer (imho much better), that's we need. We use IS USER SIM to activate or change some animations and/or vis tag, code in the .mdl can be different pending on IS USER SIM value.
tia
/Mario