Reluctance to Takeoff

Report problems with JoinFS.
PitcherMiller

Reluctance to Takeoff

Post by PitcherMiller »

Hey Peter,

In MSFS there seems to be an issue where the aircraft wants to TAIL-STRIKE itself and refuses to leave the ground, on takeoff, and then shoots feet into the air flying like normally.. It's frankly annoying and makes formation takeoffs (especially section ones) where one plane diverts to a Max Climb look very poor. I love joinFS and have been using it since last January. Is there any way to recapture the old version of it where problems like this didn't exist?

Thanks,
Paul
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Reluctance to Takeoff

Post by Peter »

Hi Paul,

Have you tried disabling Elevation Correction in the settings?

Do you know the version of JoinFS where it started happening?

Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Seems that it is not related to elevation correction. I am getting the same issue. Currently looking into it.

Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi, could you try v3.2.0, currently on early access, https://joinfs.net/development.html. I think it should now be working as normal.

Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi, I have just spent a couple of days investigating this issue and from what I can determine it seems that a recent update of FS2020 has a quirk which keeps the aircraft glued to the tarmac if the wheels are in contact. I'm guessing that it only releases it when certain conditions are met in the flight dynamics. Seems like this problem has been there for a couple of months. :roll:

The good news is that I have come up with a workaround. There is only one minor issue with the workaround in that the aircraft jumps very slightly when it leaves the ground, but that's pretty minor compared to what was going on before.

Fix will be in version 3.2.1

Peter