X-Plane Model Matching And Substitution - solution for no AI planes

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
biblbrox

X-Plane Model Matching And Substitution - solution for no AI planes

Post by biblbrox »

If your aircraft from X-plane 11/Aircraft folder doesn't use as AI plane (and doesn't use for model matching and substitute too), you must do this:

1. Open Plane-Maker (at X-plane 11 root folder)
2. In Plane-Maker open current aircraft (under File)
3. Open Standard/ Author Window
4. check “supports AI flight” (and if you don't want to fly with this plane, then uncheck “supports user flight”)
5. go back and save plane (File/ Save)

Thats all.

From now, you can use model matching and substitute for this plane.

Happy flying :)
KevinGPG

Re: X-Plane Model Matching And Substitution - solution for no AI planes

Post by KevinGPG »

Hello biblbrox,

I am new to JoinFS and have had success with the Skyhawk, along with friends, but we also use the Zibo 737-800X.
I have been searching for a solution to get the aircraft to show up better than just plain white. I made this video to show what I mean:
https://youtu.be/fzshqGCMUmA
I opened plane maker and found where to check "supports AI flight", but I'm wondering if this would work, or, more importantly, would this break the Zibo, as I have read that under no circumstances should we edit that file?
Thanks for any input you may have on this,
Kevin
Hangar

Re: X-Plane Model Matching And Substitution - solution for no AI planes

Post by Hangar »

Kevin, I have the same issue as you do with xp11 planes only showing up as blank texture/white with my friend and I. I also know that with some planes re-saving wihtin plane maker can cause sever issues...it is typically best to edit planes directly using a text editor inside the .acf file and then re-saving that file. Plane maker has issues with certain 3rd party planes which often use special coding.

Has anyone figured out the issue so we can get to see the liveries in XP11?