My AI not visible when I use ver 34

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
fltbuff71

My AI not visible when I use ver 34

Post by fltbuff71 »

Have tried everything and am at wits end

Older 2 versions work fine inside my LAN

but new installs of 34 of both PC's shows user aircraft but not my AI

H E L P
blue_ice

Re: My AI not visible when I use ver 34

Post by blue_ice »

Have tried right clicking the user list and selecting "allow everyone multiple objects"?

regards
Darren
fltbuff71

Post by fltbuff71 »

T H A N K S

Must be a new option I will try to find in user manual and review

On my host I unchecked it

but on the client trying to see host's AI, I checked it

All was visible on the client with this setting on the client

Thanks again !

Bob H
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Yes, that's a new option. By default, you will only receive the other player's main aircraft. You can enable multiple objects either from a particular user or allow from everyone.

If you intend for others to see your AI aircraft, they will all need to perform this action to see your AI aircraft.

This feature is an anti-flood, anti-spam measure.

Peter
fltbuff71

Post by fltbuff71 »

OK, the user manual does not address this new option, but, in the queries section of this forum I did find this:

I thought it was worth mentioning that in one of the upcoming releases, JoinFS will include an additional user permission.

From now on, multiple objects (other than the other users' main aircraft) will not be processed or injected by default. The only aircraft in any session that will be seen will be the other user's primary controlled aircraft. If you wish to see other aircraft broadcast by a specific user you will need to open the user list and permission options and enable 'Allow multiple objects'. You'll then see all of the aircraft and objects broadcast by that user.

By design this also applies to hubs, so in case where a hub is broadcasting objects, you need to enable permission on that hub's own user.

Please note that this now means you can safely join the global session without being flooded with numerous objects and AI aircraft.

Peter

Thanks again!