X-Plane: overtaking 19 aircrafts

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
efa

X-Plane: overtaking 19 aircrafts

Post by efa »

hi,
X-Plane dev say using the open library:
https://github.com/kuroneko/libxplanemp
the limit of 19 aircrafts can be overtaken.
XSquawkBox/VATSIM and WorldTraffic use this library

"The aircraft are modelled in a different file format and rendered by a very different mechanism than the default X-Plane one. The models are designed for this purpose, so the performance is usually better than the default very-high-resolution X-Plane aircraft that are designed to be flown locally. And it doesn't have the limit of 19 aircraft"
Peter
Site Admin

Re: X-Plane: overtaking 19 aircrafts

Post by Peter »

Ah, that looks perfect, and could make a big difference. thanks!

Peter
Flap

Post by Flap »

Hey,

I was just about to suggest this, but I found this post :)

I think its a better way for JoinFS to use this multiplayer lib. For several reasons, mainly performance and model matching. There is a big CSL pack available on the XP forum, that works with this libxplanemp. https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... -packages/

These models animate Gear, Landing lights, Flaps and Speedbrakes. Because these models are relative low poly it barely has impact on the fps. When using these models, there is way more choice for model matching, you are no longer depended of the .acf aircraft you have installed. And yes this bypasses the 19 aircraft limit, you can just turn off AI aircraft.

I hope this helps, and keep up the good work!

Thanks, Flap
IronCondor

Post by IronCondor »

This would be fantastic. I am starting to switch my sim over to X plane. I am curious to know will have a future updated library not using .acf files, see P3D, FSX, etc. traffic while flying together. Great software. Keep up the good work!
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

IronCondor wrote:This would be fantastic. I am starting to switch my sim over to X plane. I am curious to know will have a future updated library not using .acf files, see P3D, FSX, etc. traffic while flying together. Great software. Keep up the good work!
Thanks.

Whichever library you have installed, the current JoinFS model matching will still apply. So whatever aircraft are added from P3D/FSX you will be able to choose your own substituted model or use a default.

Peter
IronCondor

Post by IronCondor »

Will switching between simulators cause an issue for the aircraft model matching? For example, reading through the manual I could not find an explanation on what happens when switching between the two. It looks like I have to rescan the models. I also completely understand that XP interation is new.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

No, you don't need to re-scan, JoinFS saves separate scans, and model matching, for each simulator. If you find that it isn't doing that then post it as a bug, thanks.

Peter
IronCondor

Post by IronCondor »

Thanks Peter. Will do.

Hopefully, in the future XPlane with model matching changes and we can all enjoy this product cross platform.

Thanks!
goSammy1971

Post by goSammy1971 »

Hi,

i have tested JoinFS with XP, but using only the installed flyable aircrafts give me a
modell matching that for nearly 90% cant be matched. The idea to use the ressource
friendly way with the Library would be a great step for usability and by reduced
performance impact for stability.

When implementing this, take a look for the CSLS and the Bluebell libraries.

I hope then in a near future i can join group flights of my virtual airline friends.

Sammy
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Thanks, Sammy.

Coming soon. Watch this space. ;)

Peter
IronCondor

Post by IronCondor »

Exciting news Peter. Thank you. Happy to beta test this when released in the future!
IronCondor

Post by IronCondor »

Hello Everyone! I am just checking in to see how the X-Plane Aircraft Model matching development is going. It would be nice to one day use this product for x-plane flights in conjuction with P3D for example.
Flap

Post by Flap »

Just to let you guys know, X-CSL came out with a new OBJ8 CSL pack. On default this will install the CSL's in the X-ivap (IVAO) directory, but you can set a custom path in the settings for JoinFs in the future :)

I think these CSL's are for public use, but you can always ask on the X-CSL site if you can use them for JoinFS.

http://csl.x-air.ru/news/item/306/
goSammy1971

Post by goSammy1971 »

Is there some progress on this feature ?
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

goSammy1971 wrote:Is there some progress on this feature ?
Been a busy recently. Hopefully starting it next week.

Peter