Welcome back!

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
Deano1973

Welcome back!

Post by Deano1973 »

I'd just like to be the first to say welcome back Peter, I'm sure I speak for many when I say that I'm so glad you've decided to open the forum back up and continue development of JoinFS.

If you need any help or feedback from myself or any of us at MODsim, don't hesitate to ask :)
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Welcome back!

Post by Peter »

Thanks. To be honest, I've kind of missed it. :)

Peter
Mac@BathUK

Post by Mac@BathUK »

Glad to see you again! We've missed you, too!
Don't let any grumpy 'nay-sayer' and die-hard remoaners get you down!!
Most of us in the Bristol FSG really do appreciate and support your personal efforts.
WE think you are doing a great job...for free...that enables US to better enjoy our shared hobby.

Can I suggest that before going on to develop yet more "bells & whistles" or further "tickle round the edges" with new facilities/services, it would (imho) be rather more helpful ....to more people, to seek to achieve X-Plane compatibility?
Some of our world-wide fliers have already moved over to this platform and they are - sadly - precluded from enjoying the smooth simplicity of your programme during our weekly on-line joint fly-ins.
XP is very likely going to be 'the future' and whilst I may regret it, FS9 (and FS4!!) are now both long behind us.
Keep up your good work.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

As luck would have it, X-Plane will become a top priority when JoinFS development starts up again in October. Not only does it appear to be gaining in popularity but I recently picked it up on Steam myself and was much impressed, so I think supporting it would make JoinFS truly cross-platform, rather that just supporting the FSX derived simulators.

So no persuading necessary :)

Peter
DCA1161

Post by DCA1161 »

Sure glad to see you back, Peter. I think it is a wise decision to work on the development in periods. I wish you the best of luck.
Roy
mickrick

Post by mickrick »

Nice to see you back
Cougar FFW04

Post by Cougar FFW04 »

Hi Peter,

On the road again :D
Nice to see you back :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
edakridge

Post by edakridge »

I just want to chime in and say Thank You for not only reopening the forums and continuing development, but for all that you have done so far! The USNVA stands behind you and will continue to support you in whatever way we can.
marte21

Post by marte21 »

Nice to see you back from the EdAv!
EasternHops

Post by EasternHops »

We here from EasternHops are glad you are back to. We are looking to host a cross community Flights events with all platforms and JoinFS is a amazing place to have them look at the one we had before Xmas with ATC_Roo it was awesome. Myself Pizza and Ben from ATC Seattle are in the beginning stages of setting another one soon. regarding voice yes it would be great but for now, maybe some kind of chat box going. Thanks for all your hard work
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Thanks all!
EasternHops wrote:We here from EasternHops are glad you are back to. We are looking to host a cross community Flights events with all platforms and JoinFS is a amazing place to have them look at the one we had before Xmas with ATC_Roo it was awesome. Myself Pizza and Ben from ATC Seattle are in the beginning stages of setting another one soon. regarding voice yes it would be great but for now, maybe some kind of chat box going. Thanks for all your hard work
Yes, last year's event was reasonably successful. The current version of JoinFS is significantly better than that one which, at the time, was still in the experimental stages. Stability is much better now, as is the model matching so it should cope well. I think we got around 50-70 aircraft at the peak last time. I recall that the initial hop everyone did that evening was popular but then a lot of people left after that, probably because it was getting late by then so it may need some careful planning.

A chat system would be ideal for the event, however, I doubt it will implemented in time, but I do expect one to be in place for next year's event. :)

Peter
beneidemthepilot

Post by beneidemthepilot »

Welcome Back Peter!

Yes, Pizza (from EasternHops) and I have been in touch regarding some cross community events.

We also had success at the 5th Annual Flight Simulation Conference in Connecticut (U.S.) this past June. We were able to have Seattle Virtual ATC (which I run) provide air traffic control service along with pilots from the Eastern Hops community by broadcasting aircraft on the EasternHops FSX server to the Seattle vATC JFS Hub. This allowed both communities to prosper during the two day real world event, all thanks to you Peter!

Thank you for your time and development. I'm very excited to see what's in store with future updates!

Ben Eidem
Director of Air Traffic Control
Seattle Virtual ATC
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Hey Pizza, you should still have my email address, keep in touch about this group flight and I will drag my team along.

Regards etc.

B
vgbaron

Post by vgbaron »

Welcome back Peter! Glad to see JoinFS will live on.

Vic
Tomas Linnet

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Hi Peter

Good to see you are back.
I was flying flying with the 91st Bombardment Group last weekend and one of the guys there said: you can't pay me to go back to FSX multiplayer.
I agree!
Cheers
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Thanks, Tomas. :)

Peter