Follow Distance & Circle of Activity Slider Explanation

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
jotayhen

Follow Distance & Circle of Activity Slider Explanation

Post by jotayhen »

I am thrilled to have found this wonderful program! As a new user though, I am a bit confused about the use of the two sliders found in the "settings" section. I have searched this forum for that information and have not found anything nor is there a explanation of these sliders in the manual (that I could find). Could someone please briefly detail their use and importance? Thank you very much! - John
Deano1973

Re: Follow Distance & Circle of Activity Slider Explanation

Post by Deano1973 »

Briefly, the follow distance is a setting that details how far away you would be from another aircraft if you chose to "Follow" then using the selector button in the JoinFS menu. The Circle of Activity slider sets how far away you want aircraft on the network to be simulated, which can be reduced to improve performance in the sim.
Cougar FFW04

Post by Cougar FFW04 »

Hi,

I would be also very interested to know what are exactly these features as they might be part of the equation in our FSXatWar/JoinFS testing.
In particular I have noticed that there is no tick label anymore (since 1.1.7 I think) and we do not know what are the scalings.

Thanks
jotayhen

Post by jotayhen »

Thank you, Sir! I appreciate your explanation and quick response. - John