TacPack weapons framerate slowdown

Suggestions, ideas and general discussion about JoinFS.
Deano1973

TacPack weapons framerate slowdown

Post by Deano1973 »

Hi folks,

Just an observation from last night's flying at MODsim. I've been lucky enough to beta test Dino Cattaneo's new Typhoon ( it's great ). Last night the chaps were all using FSX and TacPack to hammer a few ground targets with bullets. I was in P3D without Tacpack, but with the objects scanned in ( I was awaiting updating P3D to activate the new TP licence, so it was installed but not active yet ).

Anyway, while nobody else had any issues, I had a frame-rate slowdown to nearly 9fps on screen ( I was in the Oculus Rift and had about 30fps ). The stuttering was very noticeable and lasted about 15 minutes before it slowly cleared up again. I suspect that this is due to my non-active TacPack not clearing out the expended bullets etc from the system, whereas normally with JoinFS and TP running they disappear within a fairly short time.

I will test again shortly with TP running and report back in, but this may be the cause of unexpected slow-downs in performance when TP is active on a network. If a player with TP installed but not active cannot erase the hundreds of sim objects created when other player's bullets start flying, it slows down the whole show.

Cheers,

OCPR MODsim