Recording does not broadcast

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
DCA1161

Recording does not broadcast

Post by DCA1161 »

We from DC3 Airways are preparing a special flight to re-enact the Daks over Normandy in June. That involves building up a recording of a formation of C-47 with a paradrop over Normandy. We are testing broadcasting the recording with several members. Here’s the problem. Some members are able to see the broadcast, even with the para droppings, others can’t.
We tried connecting to Global session and creating a own session. We can see each other perfectly.
Here’s specific my problem. If I make a recording and broadcast it nobody can see it. I someone else broadcast my recording I can see it. Port 6112 UDP is open. What can be wrong?
Last problem: We are all using the same paratrooper-effect-file. Some of us can see them drop from other planes, but others can’t. Any ideas?
Roy
TexxasAl

Re: Recording does not broadcast

Post by TexxasAl »

I don't have enough information to be terribly helpful, but here's what I know.

If your recording was made on a version of JoinFS prior to a "level set", it won't play properly on the "upgraded" level.

My definition of a "level set" is when we are told in the release notes that the level being released is "not compatible with previous levels": and example would be a recording made prior to 1.4.3.0 being played on a version greater than 1.4.3.0.

Without going into details that I'm not sure of, it makes perfect sense that sufficient fundamental changes have been made when a new release is indicated as not compatible, that the recordings would be rendered invalid also.

I've found this to be true several times. It's unfortunate, but such things are the price of progress.

regards
Al :mrgreen:
DCA1161

Re: Recording does not broadcast

Post by DCA1161 »

Thanks, Al. We are using the same version.
Roy