JoinFS future.

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Deano1973

JoinFS future.

Post by Deano1973 »

Hi Peter, hope you're well!

Just a couple of quick enquiries. MODsim voted almost unanimously to switch over to JoinFS over the weekend, due to it being such a great piece of software and providing such enormous leaps in stability over FSX Multiplayer. Only a few members dissented and only then over some minor issues, which I promised I would ask about here to see if there are any updates.

1) TacPack: Has there been any word from VRS on whether you would be able in the future to incorporate full functionality in the future? Given that pre-recorded AI Sim Objects can be injected into the network by players the infrastructure is clearly there in JoinFS - only the TacPack communication of weapons data and damage seems blocked at the moment.

2) Security: When do you think that a password function will be added to JoinFS in order to provide network security for private VAs?

3) Animation bug. We'll be using Test 1.0.10 tonight for the first time, but on 1.0.9 we noticed that cockpit canopies / main exits etc still were stuck in an opening/closing loop. I did however note that on one aircraft flaps, when lowered, remained stable. This is a minor issue, except for our refuelling tankers. When the hoses are extended for refuelling, they cycle through the entire animation repeatedly until shut off by the pilot - it makes for tricky work! ( We have a refuelling gauge that operates when an aircraft's probe is within a certain distance of the hose and basket ).

Loving your work as always, keep it up! :)

Dean
Peter
Site Admin

Re: JoinFS future.

Post by Peter »

Hi Dean,

thanks for your post. Given your support and enthusiasm for JoinFS, I'm keen to make sure that it can deliver all your requirements as far as possible.

I have just sent a request to VRS this morning, so hopefully there'll be some news on this soon.

Security updates are definitely coming in version 1.1.x. A rough timescale, say two months, but I hope it will be sooner than that. Once I've got a few more of the current items off the list, I'll start on the hub network, which will include the security features. I'm going to add a post about the hub network soon to get some feedback before I launch into it.

Yes, the animation thing seems to affect certain aircraft. I'll have a go at fixing this, but it is lowish priority at the moment.

Thanks ;)
Peter
Deano1973

Re: JoinFS future.

Post by Deano1973 »

Thanks Peter, I'll keep my fingers crossed regarding TacPack.

One thought did cross my mind regarding the animations. Things like undercarriage and flaps appear to animate correctly, and are all single key-press functions in FSX ( G for undercarriage, F4 / F6 for flaps etc ). But exits and wing-sweeps are all double key-presses ( SHIFT-E etc ) and seem to be the ones that cause the cycling issue. Probably nothing to do with coding but thought it worth mentioning.

Cheers,
Dean