JoinFS and AI Aircraft

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Hazza

JoinFS and AI Aircraft

Post by Hazza »

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before but searching for AI Aircraft returned a "ignored because too common" result.

So my query is about when flying online with friends AND Ultimate Traffic Live is active. When I go to View|Aircraft both AI and online aircraft are listed. I think I read somewhere that JoinFS treats online aircraft as AI - is that correct? The problem (for me anyway :roll: ) with this is when I am trying to substitute an aircraft. Not an issue if I am at Tekapo (NZTP) where there may be only one other aircraft in the vicinity but more of an issue if I am at Heathrow (EGLL) during peak times.

So, my thought/s is/are :roll: :roll: can we stop local AI showing in the Aircraft window (unlikely but somehow FSCopilot/FSInn managed to do this) OR can we get the substitute button in the Users window?

Cheers

Harry
Peter
Site Admin

Re: JoinFS and AI Aircraft

Post by Peter »

Hi Harry,

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying that when you have lots of AI aircraft then you are unable to substitute network aircraft?

Peter
Hazza

Post by Hazza »

Sorry, let me clarify that a tad. What I mean is that I have a huge, LONG list of AI Aircraft that I either have to scroll past or pick out the online friends from the middle of.

Because I'm a lazy b****** it would be easier for me (its ALL about me isn't it :lol: ) if either the list was a lot shorter i.e. no local AI showing OR I was able to choose from the Users.

Cheers

Harry
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Oh, that's strange, I thought that the online aircraft were always listed at the top, which your simulator AI aircraft below them. I'll have to check to see if that's not the case.

Peter
Hazza

Post by Hazza »

Personally for me that is mostly the case but occasionally it seems to be in alphabetical order. And NO I don't know what I do different when this occurs :?

Having said that (and I know nothing about programming or the complexity of trying to do this!) if you can list the online aircraft at the top and the local AI below, that suggests to me that there is a way to identify which is online and which is local so wouldn't it then (stretches the long bow!!) be a, relatively, simple task to "hide" the local AI?