Who is taking over the session

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
marc2990

Who is taking over the session

Post by marc2990 »

Hello
We fly every week with about 10 people in a joinfs session. There is always one of us hosting the session.
Tonight it was me. During the session my computer crashed, so someone else automatically took over as the host. When I came back, I had no idea who had taken over the session, so we all had to log out and in again to recreate a new session.
It is not the first time that such a thing happens and it's annoying.
Is there a way to let players know who is hosting the session at a given moment? How?
Thanks for yr help.
Cheers
Marcel
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Who is taking over the session

Post by Peter »

Hi Marcel,

There is no host. JoinFS uses peer-to-peer networking. You can join the session by connecting to any pilot in the session. Nobody has control over the session and any client can leave at any time.

For example, if everyone connects to person A and then person A leaves the session, simply get another person in that session to advertise their address and newcomers can connect to that.

Another way of doing it is for everyone (or multiple people) to add their address after their TeamSpeak name. Then a newcomer can easily connect to any of those addresses.

Peter
marc2990

Post by marc2990 »

Thank you Peter.
The suggestion of adding the IP code to the teamspeak nickname, was made already in our group too.
Cheers.
Marcel
fsflyer

Post by fsflyer »

I've encountered the same issue and have wondered how to get back in. For years we have been regimented into logging on to a host. It's such a breath of fresh air to have this freedom. What a great job you are doing Peter. Thanks a million! :D