Query 2: Missing Multiplayer Aircraft

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Hazza

Query 2: Missing Multiplayer Aircraft

Post by Hazza »

HI,
Query 2 is about missing aircraft. Now this maybe a slight hiccup in the network or in the program but I'm just seeing if this has happened to anyone else.

We had three users connected to the "server". We all spawned at the same airport (obviously). I could see Dave when he spawned and Paul for approx 30 seconds after he spawned. Then Paul "disappeared". However, Dave could see both myself and Paul at all times. Both Paul and I could see Dave at all times. But Paul and I could not see each other after a short period of time after spawning.

Maybe related, maybe not but Paul disappeared when I substituted his aircraft to a closer model match.

To resolve the issue both Paul and I had to disconnect and then reconnect using the Network button a few times. It was easy enough to solve but some of our older members may get a little antsy if this is a common issue.

Once we got JoinFS working though it was fantastic. We could fly in close formation and not have any of the jerkiness that FSInn has. It was super smooth!! Animations of doors, flaps, landing gear, etc was very good. Two of us are located in New Zealand and the other is in Western Australia where the Internet service is still ADSL (with all its inherent limitations) so would just like to say what a fantastic job you have done with this!

Cheers

Harry
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Query 2: Missing Multiplayer Aircraft

Post by Peter »

Hi Harry,

Glad to hear that you had a great experience, once the initial problems went away. If you get the missing aircraft problem again then could you check the user list and see what sort of latency values you have. That might show a network problem. Also check the View|Monitor window, click refresh and see if there are any errors or reasons why the aircraft weren't there. Could it have been scenery related, did you both have the same scenery?

Peter
Hazza

Post by Hazza »

Thanks for that Peter

I will certainly check those items if the problem occurs again although it might be the weekend before I catch up with the others.

In the user list, Paul disappeared from my list but not Dave's and I disappeared from Paul's list but again NOT from Dave's user list. However we did not look at the latency part of the screen so will check that next time.

We did not check the Monitor window so will do that next time as well.

Re: scenery, yes we all have Orbx South Island

I will update this thread when I next have this issue.

Cheers

Harry
Hazza

Post by Hazza »

Just reporting back. Have now flown a few sessions with other people (as well as the two original loose units :roll: ) and have not had a repeat of the original issue 8-)

Cheers

Harry
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Thanks, Harry.

Let's hope that it stays that way. But do let us know if you see it happen again.

Peter