AI Smoothness

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
DaleRFU

AI Smoothness

Post by DaleRFU »

Good afternoon all,

I have recently installed JoinFS as a solution to being able to record my flight and then play it back and fly with myself and I am enjoying it so far. The issue I'm having however is that the recording isn't playing back smooth, the aircraft that has been recorded is wobbling constantly and jumping backwards and forwards. I have set my Fps to 33 which results in all other air being smooth. I'm using FSX SE. Hope someone can help as it's frustrating trying to form up on a constantly wobbling and jumping aircraft.

Kind Regards
Dale
Peter
Site Admin

Re: AI Smoothness

Post by Peter »

Hi Dale,

Do the recorded aircraft only jump forwards and backwards?

With FSX, it is a requirement with JoinFS to limit the framerate to around 35. Above 35 it usually results in jumping back and forth. That's out of my control I'm afraid.

Do the recorded aircraft still jump when you have it set to 33?

Peter
DaleRFU

Re: AI Smoothness

Post by DaleRFU »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the response.

The aircraft jump back and forward about 70% of the time, sometimes only a few meters and other times a great deal more, but the aircraft constantly shaking in the roll axis rather than flying smoothly even in straight and level flight.

I have always had my fps set to 33 so yes they jump back and forth at that. However other a I aircraft fly smoothly.

Also out of interest, the JoinFS doesn't work if I'm not connected to the Internet. As I'm only interested (for the moment) in the recorder function is there a way to make it work without being connected to the Internet?

Kind Regards
Dale