You have control, I have control

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
fsflyer

You have control, I have control

Post by fsflyer »

Hi Peter

This is my first post here though I have read with great interest the progress you have made with this wonderful utility. So a big thanks for your tremendous efforts.

An area that is of special interest to me is the shared cockpit function as I have carried out many a training flight with 'Student' pilots in GA SEP's & MEP's. Going back to FSX and even FS9 days we were able to easily handover controls back and forth as the situation demanded in flight with a simple 'Shift+T' from the keyboard, I even had these key strokes assigned to a button on the yoke via FSUIPC which made it even simpler.

Now I understand the complexities of permitting limited controls to a Co Pilot which works just fine in a duel crew environment however there isn't a great call for swapping this around once in flight. On the other hand in a training environment this situation can be called upon many times either to salvage a flight that is out of control or to allow the instructor to demonstrate differing flight scenarios.

To the best of my knowledge this one stroke function is not available with JoinFS. Is this an operation that can be considered? Or have I missed this operation. I have seen in the permissions tab Alpha characters labelled next to the relevant controls but these appear not to have any function? Am I missing something?

Thanks for your time reading this.

All the best

Gray
Peter
Site Admin

Re: You have control, I have control

Post by Peter »

Hi Gray,

Thanks for your kind comments.

That's a good point about the letter labels on the permission window. Those aren't key shortcuts, but are the letters that will appear in the permissions column of the user list view. I'll probably change that slightly, now that you've pointed it out it does seem a bit misleading.

Shortcut keys are a great idea. It's on the new feature list, but not particularly high priority at the moment. I think I'll implement them directly into the JoinFS application with the requirement that if you want to use the shortcut keys you'll need to run JoinFS as administrator, so that it can process keys while you have the simulator as the current Windows focus.

I hope that answers your question?

Peter
fsflyer

Re: You have control, I have control

Post by fsflyer »

Hi Peter

Thanks kindly for your consideration. I'm pleased to have generated a new idea for the project, though I hope it doesn't create to much of another headache which I'm sure there has been plenty. :D I'll wait patiently with eager anticipation. ;-)

All the best

Gray