Making a recording with paratroopers

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
DCA1161

Making a recording with paratroopers

Post by DCA1161 »

Hi Peter,
In preparation of a Market Garden event of DC3 Airways I am using the JoinFS recorder to build up a formation of C47’s dropping paratroopers over the drop zone. Building the formation with Overdub works fine, but playing the recorder file I can only see one plane dropping paratroopers, none of the others. The row of paratroopers are launched with Smoke On (I-key). I flying with P3D4. Do you have any thoughts about this?
Another question. All pilots will be connected to our DC3 Airway server, but the P3D pilots will also be connected to JoinFS in order to see the recordings (the P3D pilots will be using a different drop zone). In order to prevent seeing planes twice we will have to ignore planes. What’s the best policy for those how are connected to JoinFS: ignore the planes that comes in from the FDT server or the ones from the JoinFS connection? Thanks in advance.
Roy
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Making a recording with paratroopers

Post by Peter »

Hi Roy,

I'll have a look at the smoke activation on recordings tomorrow. I'm sure it works recording network aircarft but I'll have to check overdubbing aircraft as well. If that works then it may be due to the implementation of the C47 you are using. Is it a freeware add-on? Would it be possible to send me a recording?

You've lost me a bit on the second part of your query I'm afraid. Is your DC3 Airway server running JoinFS? Why will they see the aircraft twice?

Peter
DCA1161

Re: Making a recording with paratroopers

Post by DCA1161 »

Peter, thanks for your reply. Here's a link to my Dropbox for the recorderfile. I have also included de paratrooper effect file. I use the Manfred Jahn C47, but it wil also work with other C47's or DC3's.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dth7fq6aghxs ... XiGTa?dl=0

As for my second question: If someone like me is connected to two servers (JoinFS and a private-server) you will see two images of that plane, so one has to be ignored. The question is which one: the one from JoinFS or the one that marked as (A) or both, because you can still see the plane via the private server?
Roy