Default aircraft

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
ken2410

Default aircraft

Post by ken2410 »

I use JoinFS and create a network for my friend to join on my IP address. This works fine but at departure and arrival airports he is seeing numerous default aircraft e.g. DC3's all over the airport. I suggested he change to my default 737 - 800 and the problem is still there. On my flight sim all I see is my Traffic 360 aircraft which he also has. We are both using FSX Steam edition. Could any one suggest the cause of this.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Default aircraft

Post by Peter »

Hi Ken,

Have you both done 'File|Scan For Models' and included the Traffic360 aircraft in the 'additional folders' box when running the scan?

Do you have broadcast enabled for those aircraft in your aircraft list?

Peter
ken2410

Post by ken2410 »

Hi Peter

We have scanned models but not included the Traffic 360. We will do this but I wont be speaking to my friend until Monday. The broadcast is enabled.

I will let you know.
Regards

Ken
ken2410

Post by ken2410 »

Hi Peter

We have both rescanned to include traffic 360 and broadcast is enabled.
My friend is seeing aircraft suspended in the air at the airport,.
all aircraft of which there are many are various airbus planes.

Can you please advise

Ken
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Do you have different scenery? That is the likely cause of aircraft in the air. It's quite common because some use default airports, others use OrbX, and there are plenty of other scenery as well, such as UK2000.

Version 1.1.8 should fix this. I've added some height adjustment code so that other aircraft that you see are adjusted to ground level on your simulator.

Peter
ken2410

Post by ken2410 »

Hi Peter

We both have Orbx global base and vector. I think the problem may have sorted itself now, when we landed the only AI traffic was quite normal.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Ken