SimConnect Exception 25

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Bluebird1

SimConnect Exception 25

Post by Bluebird1 »

When in record mode I am getting several SimConnect Exception 25 errors when looking at the log in the monitor

I find that anytime I record, the aircraft jumps around wildly sometimes a few thousand feet.

Even when not recording, the arcrafr spins around, even faces rearward when doing a loop. It looks ok to me but it really surprises my wingmen.

I have checked the Aircraft window and tried with the record check box checked and unchecked - nothing I do seems to improve the situation

Since I have just begun using JoinFS I suspect the download is the latest version

Not sure what other info I can provide to help solve these issues.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: SimConnect Exception 25

Post by Peter »

Hi, could you clarify which version you are using?

The aircraft spinning around bug was fixed in 1.1.5 and is available in the test version 1.1.6, http://pmem.uk/joinfs/development.html

There are have been some issues recording network aircraft since before Christmas, I'll be fixing this soon.

I'll be releasing a new test version soon, 1.1.7. I would try that, or wait for it to become the new stable version, and see if the problems are still present.

Peter
Bluebird1

Post by Bluebird1 »

Hello Peter - thnx for the reply.

I neglected to check what version that I am using - sorry.
However, I will do as you suggested and get the 1.1.6 version and try that. Also will get the 1.1.7 version whenever it is available. I certainly do not mind being an "unofficial tester" for you because I really believe this software is worth the effort and as long as you don't mind hearing from me if and when I find things that just don't seem right. :D

On thing I have noticed is when I open the Aircraft view, there is a check in the record checkbox for my plane - even if I have not selected Record from the control panel. Should it always be there?
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Of course, feel free to give as much feedback as you like. It's better to have too much than too little.

The record tick box indicates that the aircraft should be recorded when you decide to start the recording from the main menu. I think this may have been asked about before. I may remove that whole column and make it available in the recorder window somehow instead. I think that would make more sense. Food for thought.

Thanks,
Peter
Bluebird1

Post by Bluebird1 »

Bluebird1 wrote:Hello Peter - thnx for the reply.

I neglected to check what version that I am using - sorry.
However, I will do as you suggested and get the 1.1.6 version and try that. Also will get the 1.1.7 version whenever it is available. I certainly do not mind being an "unofficial tester" for you because I really believe this software is worth the effort and as long as you don't mind hearing from me if and when I find things that just don't seem right. :D

On thing I have noticed is when I open the Aircraft view, there is a check in the record checkbox for my plane - even if I have not selected Record from the control panel. Should it always be there?

UPDATE

The version that I was running was indeed V1.1.4
I have delete it and will DL V1.1.5 or 1.1.6 and give that a whirl

The issues that I seem to be having with recording (recorded aircraft jumping around - even on the ground) may very well be because of me and uncertainty on how to use it properly. I was sure that I was going by the manual that I downloaded. In the meantime, for our formation work, I will need to keep using FSRecorder until I get this sorted out.