recorder functionality

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
pedrodowd

recorder functionality

Post by pedrodowd »

Hi Peter
I sent a reply to your email but for some reason it didn't send so here is my reply.

Hi Pete
Thanks for your email, and very well done on the application it's fantastic! The rest of my message was in regard to the recorder function of the app. At present I make YouTube videos in Fsx due to the rather restricted functionality of fsrecorder in p3d. At the moment the only version that works is 1.33, the most current version available for Fsx has a lot more functionality and works with complex addons such as the aerosoft Airbus, pmdg 737 etc. I tend to use fsrecorder with playback at 50% which gives smooth playback. I find the animations do not get recorded/played back accurately in p3d. Also, it can be jittery and inaccurate as the data is recorded only at 1/8th of a second rather than 1/16.
I was asking if I could perhaps help fund some of your time to maybe get your application up to or even exceeding the current version of fsrecorder in Fsx in p3d? It would be a fantastic step forward to video makers in p3d.
Thanks again
Pete
Peter
Site Admin

Re: recorder functionality

Post by Peter »

Hi Pete,

The email account seems to be overly cautious on spam. Apparently there is a link in the return email which then allows your emails through. You could use the Private Message system of the forum, that should work.

Yes, I think would be a good idea. I have briefly used fsrecorder and yes, it does have more features than JoinFS currently, but given that it's not longer being developed, as far as I'm aware, improving JoinFS to a similar standard or better could be a good idea.

For you information, there is a small issue in the current version where recorded network traffic jumps around, but doesn't affect your own aircraft. This will be fixed soon.

Peter
Blue

Post by Blue »

+1 on that request. I also make videos and providing that feature for P3D would be fantastic. The FSX version of FSRecorder also records Tacpack objects and damages. It would be great if this functionality was also included in your flight recording feature. I would actually buy a product that would do that for me.

Keep up the great work. Not saying much on the forum but watching your progress very closely. Thank you for your efforts.

Blue
jordan96xj

Post by jordan96xj »

Peter,

I love what you have done with this software. It is very well suited for communities like my own where we fly together. We are very excited about it.

Thank you for your hard work. I am a software developer by trade, and can appreciate what you have put into it so far!

I could see wanting to share recordings with other members of my community so that they could have helicopter traffic demonstrating various flight regimes around our favorite fields. One feature that would make this especially useful, would be the ability to loop the playback, such that it plays continuously. This would seem to be a natural fit for things like helicopters and fixed wings repeating a traffic pattern or similar type repeatable scenarios.

I will be spreading the word about your great utility.

Jordan Moore
Hovercontrol.com
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Thanks for your kind comments, Jordan, and for spreading the word about JoinFS. The more pilots that use it, the better the experience will be.

That's a great idea about the recording loop. I will add it to the list.

Peter