Query - Constant adding of same aircraft, log attached

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
spokes2112

Query - Constant adding of same aircraft, log attached

Post by spokes2112 »

Hi Peter,

We just got done using JoinFS for ~40 hours straight during the RTWR and in most cases it went smoothly. In any case where it didn't, a restart of JoinFS solved the problem. :D After the race I delved into a problem that has shown itself in the past with FSHost and now with JoinFS. I know it's aircraft related but delving into logs and such to diagnose I found the attached log. I didn't see anything ill on my side but it can't be good with simconnect pounding away like that.

47 minutes of - "Added plane: N6229P, Piper Pa-24-250 Comanche N6229P, as Piper Pa-24-250 Comanche N6229P"

Any ideas or thoughts on this?
log.zip
(25.17 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
As always, Thank You for the great program and support!
Roman
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Query - Constant adding of same aircraft, log attached

Post by Peter »

Hi Roman,

ah, yes, I actually saw this myself last week. Fortunately, we discovered the cause of the problem because we had already noticed that one of us had different airport scenery and for everyone else they were well below ground level. In this situation the simulator doesn't like the aircraft being below ground so it reinserts the aircraft, showing that message, but JoinFS then puts the aircraft straight back under the ground, and so you get this continual reinsertion of the aircraft. Another down side to this is that it seems to hit the frame rate as well. I lost about 30% fps at the time.

This should be mostly solved soon anyway because I'm going to make sure that if you and others are on the ground at an airport, it adjusts other network aircraft to the same ground level as yourself, thus solving this problem as well as making sure things look fine even with different scenery and airport elevations. This should work well at least in FSX/P3D where airports are flat.

Sounds like you had a blast anyway. :)

Peter
spokes2112

Re: Query - Constant adding of same aircraft, log attached

Post by spokes2112 »

Peter,

Thanks for the description of what's going on.. Will look forward, as always, to any updates forthcoming.
Yes we had fun! Once a year all the "boyz" get together for a marathon FS session and it's all about the camaraderie, win or lose.
That particular log was when the race ended and we just sat at the airport having post race conversations and cocktails ;-), the constant loading didn't hurt a thing.

Cheers,
Roman