Playback

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
JEA

Playback

Post by JEA »

Hi Peter,
Firstly, I would just like to say a big thank you for producing this software. Absolutely excellent.
I have one small query, which the answer to is probably staring me in the face......
How do I view the recordings I have made. I can record, I can save, I can press play, but I get nothing visual. I can view the recorder bar but that is all I see.
I am running version 1.1.6.
Hope you can help.
Regards,
Tony
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Playback

Post by Peter »

Hi Tony,

When you press Play, have a look at the timer on the main window which should start counting from 00:00:00. Then check the Aircraft window and you should see the aircraft appear in the list with your name as the owner followed by a suffix '(R)' to show they are recorded. Then go back to FSX to the location where you started the recording and you should be able to see the aircraft. Also try using the menu in FSX by right-clicking in the FSX window to bring up the menu and selecting the recorded traffic which should be listed in that menu, and that will change the camera to view that particular aircraft.

Hope that helps, and thanks for your kind comments.
Peter
JEA

Post by JEA »

Hello Peter...
Thank you very much for the quick response to my question.
The news is good....I can now see the recording. However, when the aircraft appears in front of me (on the end of the runway) it has wheels up, which then lower. Would this be because at the end of the trial recording, the aircraft was in a 'wheels up' state.
Main thing is, with your help, I can see an aircraft, and can now continue with further 'experiments'.
Regards,

Tony
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Great, glad it's working.

The raised gear at the start is just due to the way that JoinFS adds an aircraft to the simulator. At some point I'll look at fixing it, but it's quite a low priority at the moment. I will add it to the bug list though, thanks.

Peter