JoinFS and FSD-server

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
ATC Roo

Re: JoinFS and FSD-server

Post by ATC Roo »

Aeroworx wrote:Ok, answered my own question, FSUIPC not needed to connect X-Plane.

Installed a JoinFS servers as:

http://pmem.uk/joinfs/forum/viewtopic.p ... =175#p1275

Connected X-Plane via a plugin, sent and received some data. Not what we want...
If you ever need a server/hub to connect to and try things out like that, my server is always available for testing at the address roo.servebeer.com.

It would be great if Xplane could be included.
Grumpy

Re: JoinFS and FSD-server

Post by Grumpy »

Peter wrote:
Grumpy wrote: Also, look at the PlanG system, you can use simconnect OR FSUIPC to send data to and from PlanG to FSX. thus keeping track of our groups aircraft, giving me all the data you need. Aircraft type, call sign, course speed alt etc etc. Food for thought?
I use PlanG and I think I use the FSUIPC connection method. But as far as I'm aware, PlanG doesn't create any aircraft in the simulator, it just shows what's already in there.

Peter
PlanG also lets you move your aircraft. therefore the data traffic is two way. PlanG does place its own Icon at the reported position of the FSX aircraft. It also sends radio tuning data to FSX. ( I wrote to Dowson once asking if that context sensitive menu could also send ADF Freqs to ADF2 radio, but he didnt want to) My thought was that you might find those routines useful, but I am sure you would have investigated that by now anyway.