Help with labels & liveries :- Xplane11

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Bunkermonkee

Help with labels & liveries :- Xplane11

Post by Bunkermonkee »

Hi all,

New user here.

Me & my buddy have been trialling out JoinFS with some very mixed results. Initially, we kinda got it working fine. But now, although we can see each other in the sim, our liveries are not there - just a bare, white aircraft. I read somewhere that this was a limitation with XP11 but wondered if there was a workaround? I don't even need to see his livery, but my own would be nice. I did find that if I head to the menu & select a livery after it is white, that livery does show, however it's only temporary.

Secondly, we're not sure how we did this, but the labels have completely disappeared. Our first flight, his plane had his name, distance & altitude over it. Now, nothing shows & we can't work out what we did.

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Help with labels & liveries :- Xplane11

Post by Peter »

Hi,

I have very recently changed the aircraft injection in X-Plane back to its original operation having tried an improved method over the last year which I ended up abandoning due to its complexity. I don't recall any issues with the original method causing the aircraft to turn white. What happens if you substitute the aircraft for something else? In the JoinFS aircraft window you can select an aircraft, right-click and substitute the aircraft.

Anyway, right now I am fixing things up so that JoinFS will now use the XPMP2 aircraft system which uses CSL objects. This should provide much better results, certainly in terms of performance and also supporting liveries. It's going quite well so far. Everything is building ok, hopefully I will get some positive results with it soon and a new version will be available in the coming weeks, so if you don't mind waiting for that then that should sort it.

Peter
Bunkermonkee

Re: Help with labels & liveries :- Xplane11

Post by Bunkermonkee »

Hey, Peter.

Thanks for your prompt response. Class support! 👏

I'll try your suggestions & yes, more than happy to wait for the new version.

Keep up the good work. I'll report back with the outcome when I try your recommendation.

Thanks.
Simon