Joining a Session

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
Skyoots

Joining a Session

Post by Skyoots »

My friend and I tried the Cockpit Sharing feature of JoinFS but we couldn't see each other's Aircraft. We were in the same Airport and has the same version of JoinFS (3.1.7) but the hub that we joined was a public hub that had version 3.1.6 could it have been a reason for us not to have seen each other's aircraft in the session?
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Joining a Session

Post by Peter »

No, the hub version wouldn't make any difference. What sim are you using?

Peter
Skyoots

Post by Skyoots »

I use X-Plane 11. When I join global I don't see any people in my session as well.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

It sounds like you haven't added any X-Plane AI aircraft. You can add some AI aircraft from the X-Plane Flight Configuration menu. Just click the AI Aircraft button. With that latest version of JoinFS it should have notified you that there weren't enough AI Aircraft added. Did you see a message like that from JoinFS?

And are you sure the simulator button in JoinFS is green, and your own aircraft is listed in the JoinFS aircraft window?

Peter
Skyoots

Post by Skyoots »

Yeah my X-Plane AI Aircraft are off and my aircraft is listed in the aircraft window and the simulator button in JoinFS is green.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Skyoots wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:53 am Yeah my X-Plane AI Aircraft are off and my aircraft is listed in the aircraft window and the simulator button in JoinFS is green.
That's the problem. You need to go into AI Aircraft and add at least one aircraft. JoinFS uses these AI aircraft to inject network aircraft.

With v3.1.7 JoinFS should have displayed a message asking you to do this. Did you see that message?

Peter
Skyoots

Post by Skyoots »

Alright thanks! I don't think there was a message that displayed saying that I had to go into AI aircraft turn it on.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Skyoots wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:37 pm Alright thanks! I don't think there was a message that displayed saying that I had to go into AI aircraft turn it on.
Oh. Well see if that fixes it. If it does then I need to check that warning message if it isn't getting displayed.

Peter
Skyoots

Post by Skyoots »

Alrighty thanks! Ill let you know if it work.