Model Matching Animations and Weirdness

Any questions regarding JoinFS.
RotorRick

Model Matching Animations and Weirdness

Post by RotorRick »

Peter,
I noticed that on many models in X-plane (regardless of what the source sim is) I get the correct model, but something is off. I.e. there is a guy with his legs dangling below the cockpit pushing the plane higher in the air. Or all the optional art is active, no doors skid mounted baskets tie-downs etc,

Is there a way it could select the default and simplest exterior and livery without ANY options?

Also, in shared cockpit we frequently cannot get the engine started or it starts on one side and not the other, but the plane still flies!

Any ides?

Thanks,

Rick
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Model Matching Animations and Weirdness

Post by Peter »

Hi Rick,

I assume that you are referring to MSFS2020? Someone else has mentioned the dangling legs. It's likely that it's the default animation states for the aircraft not getting updated. It used to be the case that some animations were linked to unused variables such as radio frequencies. I'll have to take a look, and the engine start problem as well.

Thanks,
Peter
RotorRick

Re: Model Matching Animations and Weirdness

Post by RotorRick »

Peter,
No worries at all. This has been an issue with all sim platforms not just 2020 X-plane to x-plane as well. The rotor animations are really annoying as everyone sees me flying around with a stopped rotor!

If I can help out in any way, please do not hesitate to ask.

Rick