Incorrect Speed Reading PFD & Cruise Flight Level Problem

Report problems with JoinFS.
cvs_va

Incorrect Speed Reading PFD & Cruise Flight Level Problem

Post by cvs_va »

Hello everyone. We are a virtual airline and we use this fantastic tool to do instruction flights sharing cabin. We have detected the following problems:

- We use the A320 PA (freeware) with mdcu nav system.

-We have problems with the ceiling flight level (we can not pass more than FL320). We can not go higher because the A / P does not recognize the same altitude between PIC / FO. Brand (00000 alt)> FL320. Any suggestions ?.

-In flight we have constant differences in the speed that marks the PFD. We use the same PIC / FO weather engine.

If someone can help us solve it.

Thank you very much to the great pmen.uk team!
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Incorrect Speed Reading PFD & Cruise Flight Level Problem

Post by Peter »

cvs_va wrote: -We have problems with the ceiling flight level (we can not pass more than FL320). We can not go higher because the A / P does not recognize the same altitude between PIC / FO. Brand (00000 alt)> FL320. Any suggestions ?.

-In flight we have constant differences in the speed that marks the PFD. We use the same PIC / FO weather engine.

Thank you very much to the great pmen.uk team!
Hi, glad to hear that you are finding JoinFS a useful tool.

Unfortunately I don't fly IFR jets at all so that first bit is a little too cryptic for me. Are you saying that the autopilot information is not consistent between simulators in certain situations?

The weather synchronization still needs some work which may explain the speed differences. Ultimately it may be a case of getting JoinFS to constantly override cockpit instruments to show the correct information. This is a longer term development goal to gradually get all the shared cockpit systems properly synchronized.

I shall relay your thanks to the rest of the pmem.uk team. ;)

Peter
cvs_va

Post by cvs_va »

Thanks for all Peter!

Last night we made another flight with a shared cockpit. The problems are in the autopilot with the selected altitude. This can not exceed 32700 feet. A higher altitude for example 34000 feet is marked in the cockpit as 00000.

We assume errors in cruising speed. I hope that these failures serve for future improvements.

Best regards,

CVS VA
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

cvs_va wrote: Last night we made another flight with a shared cockpit. The problems are in the autopilot with the selected altitude. This can not exceed 32700 feet. A higher altitude for example 34000 feet is marked in the cockpit as 00000.
Looking at that number 32700 I think I may know what the problem is.

Thanks,
Peter