Xplane bad position on the map

Report problems with JoinFS.
FCY-ISA

Xplane bad position on the map

Post by FCY-ISA »

Hello, I am under P3DV4 and my friend under Xplane. We have installed all 2 joinfs version 1.3.6. Joinfs configured with the plugin for xplane, concentrators ok. We are positioning ourselves on LFBZ on Cyberavia. All 2 we have "network" in green and "simulator" in green, join indicates "cyberavia". The machine under P3DV4 is at LFBZ but the one turning under Xplane the position on the map .... in the ocean in the Gulf of Guinea. We change in our respective simulators the airport by putting LFBD. The P3DV4 is at LFBD but the xplane is still on the map in the Gulf of New Guinea. It is in the list of drivers / ATC, it appears on the map but it does not move ... in the Gulf of Guinea. An omission of installation?
Thank you for your help.
And thanks again for this software.
FCY-ISA
FCY-ISA

Re: Xplane bad position on the map

Post by FCY-ISA »

Hello. Nobody has a clue to help us?
FCY-ISA
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi,

The Gulf of Guinea is at longitude/latitude (0, 0). So it's either getting some default values from somewhere or it's not being converted to degrees correctly. I'm not sure why this is only happening on your setup.

Which version of JoinFS are you using? Are you seeing anything unusual in the View|Monitor window?

Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Do you have the same problem if you are both in the air?

Peter
picnic

Post by picnic »

I'm sure I've seen other aircraft at 0,0 when they've got the game paused. This was with FSD based servers, wouldn't be surprised in joinFS displays the same way as that's what the sim is telling it.
picnic

Post by picnic »

Having said what I just did I was playing P3Dv4 and XPlane11 tonight and got the thing confused. All aircraft where at Bristol EGGD but at some stage XPlane seemed to move ~3000 miles away. I disconnected the Network and Simulator, I restarted joinFS without any joy. I had to quit XPlane and resume the last flight and there I was next to all the other aircraft.

Should add this was on 2 different servers and servers and clients were all on 1.4.2. I installed the XPlane plugin from this version prior to starting the tests. I changed servers before I quit XPlane so it appears that XPlane may have been giving funny data to joinFS.
Hazza

Post by Hazza »

Hi, just thought I would jump in on this and report I had the same problem. Was testing with a friend who has X-Plane 11 and whilst we were both at NZCH in our Simulators (P3DV4 for me) we each reported the other as being 8000+nm away. Forgot to use Map :oops:

Cheers

Harry
FCY-ISA

Post by FCY-ISA »

Hello. My friend has xplan 11 and I fly under P3DV4. We will test a flight in the week to see if it is moving on the map or if it remains motionless (joinFs will not receive Xplan's positioning data). I'll let you know when the tests are done. Thank you.
FCY-ISA
Christian
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hazza wrote:Hi, just thought I would jump in on this and report I had the same problem. Was testing with a friend who has X-Plane 11 and whilst we were both at NZCH in our Simulators (P3DV4 for me) we each reported the other as being 8000+nm away. Forgot to use Map :oops:

Cheers

Harry
I may have seen this myself yesterday. As a temporary fix, for me, I clicked on the JoinFS simulator button twice and that seemed to cure it. This may be unrelated though.

Peter
Hazza

Post by Hazza »

Just did a little more testing after a couple of hours away. When we reconnected the problem had disappeared. Unfortunately my mate has to work tomorrow so probably won't be able to test again until next week.

Will keep you informed

Cheers

Harry
picnic

Post by picnic »

I was using joinFS again last night in XPlane 11 and got a few large pauses in game when moving around. Immediately that happened I was 3,088 miles away from everyone else on the aircraft view. After these pauses all returned to normal on its own. There is something strange going on here on occasions.
Hazza

Post by Hazza »

Actually I remember my mate saying that I was 8000+nm away after he changed his aircraft but then it corrected itself at the next refresh.

I suspect 0,0 is 8000nm miles from NZCH :P

Cheers

Harry