Airplane not visible at the network connection.

Report problems with JoinFS.
vedum

Airplane not visible at the network connection.

Post by vedum »

Hello Peter,

Today with a friend, I identified a bug with version 1.2.10 of JoinFS. This happens when two drivers do not have the same scenery. The planes are therefore positioned at two different altitudes. On the ground, the plane of the one that is lower than the other does not appear when connecting to JoinFS.

Explanation:

Me:
- Scenery Marseille Provence - Altitude 13 ft - This scene has an altitude correction file (in the "World / Scenery" folder).
- P3D V4.1
- I see the other plane (green color in JoinFS)

my friend:
- Marseille Provence fsx default scene - Altitude 77 ft
- FSX SP2
- He does not see my plane (orange color in JoinFS) when I connect to the network.

log of JoinFS:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (93.07 KiB) Viewed 2317 times
We see that the plane appears and then disappears immediately.

If I put my plane in transposition mode and get my plane up, it becomes visible to my friend. If I put it back on the ground it always remains visible. The phenomenon only occurs on the ground when connecting to the JoinFS network.
We tried to check and uncheck the altitude correction in the JoinFS settings but it did not change anything.
This bug was already present in version 1.2.8 of JoinFS.

I hope I have been clear in my explanation to help you fix the bug.

Regards,

Stéphane - http://www.virtual-flying.com
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Airplane not visible at the network connection.

Post by Peter »

Yes, the intention of the elevation correction option is to fix those issues, however that doesn't appear to be working in your case. I've been meaning to change the way the algorithm works for a while to improve it but I haven't got around to it yet. If you could check again once I've put these changes in, then hopefully that will fix it.

Thanks,
Peter