Joined Cockpit problems

Report problems with JoinFS.
Turambar

Joined Cockpit problems

Post by Turambar »

Hi you all,

My brother in law and I have installed Joinfs, because we heard great things about it.
Now we are trying to join each other in 1 cockpit (being the PMDG B737). Unfortunately not everything synchronizes through the network. For instance the FMC's don't, the AP doesn't. When one changes Altitude or IAS, nothing happens on the other computer - only ATC XPNDR synchronizes. What do we forget?

Thanks for helping us Joinfs Rookies...

KR Turambar
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Joined Cockpit problems

Post by Peter »

Hi Turambar,

Yes, not everything is currently synchronized in shared cockpit. I'm slowly adding support for things as they are requested. In fact, version 1.2.9, which is close to being released adds more functions, such as autopilot states, DME selection and altimeter. With those, GA type shared cockpit will be fairly complete. With the airliners there are a lot more systems, so I'll need to look into supporting them if I can. FMC might be tricky but I will have a look.

Thanks,
Peter
Tisor

Post by Tisor »

Peter wrote:Hi Turambar,

Yes, not everything is currently synchronized in shared cockpit. I'm slowly adding support for things as they are requested. In fact, version 1.2.9, which is close to being released adds more functions, such as autopilot states, DME selection and altimeter. With those, GA type shared cockpit will be fairly complete. With the airliners there are a lot more systems, so I'll need to look into supporting them if I can. FMC might be tricky but I will have a look.

Thanks,
Peter
Hi Peter,

So on new version we can say that shared cockpit will be at the same level (or better) than default FSX/P3D MP one? Of course airliners with allmost all custom gauges will be harder (maybe need to use the included SDKs/APIs) but for simple ones, as we use for instruction like Iris PC9 and Lotus L39, should be fully working?

Will get a full report on that once you publish 1.2.9. Any test you need get in touch with us, we use the Shared Cockpit every night.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Tisor wrote: So on new version we can say that shared cockpit will be at the same level (or better) than default FSX/P3D MP one? Of course airliners with allmost all custom gauges will be harder (maybe need to use the included SDKs/APIs) but for simple ones, as we use for instruction like Iris PC9 and Lotus L39, should be fully working?

Will get a full report on that once you publish 1.2.9. Any test you need get in touch with us, we use the Shared Cockpit every night.
The shared cockpit in 1.2.9 should work very well for training aircraft. Just let me know if you find any problems.

1.2.9 test build was released this morning. If you have the test build already installed, just run it and it will ask if you wish to update.

Peter
Tisor

Post by Tisor »

Peter wrote:
Tisor wrote: So on new version we can say that shared cockpit will be at the same level (or better) than default FSX/P3D MP one? Of course airliners with allmost all custom gauges will be harder (maybe need to use the included SDKs/APIs) but for simple ones, as we use for instruction like Iris PC9 and Lotus L39, should be fully working?

The shared cockpit in 1.2.9 should work very well for training aircraft. Just let me know if you find any problems.

1.2.9 test build was released this morning. If you have the test build already installed, just run it and it will ask if you wish to update.

Peter
I'll see if I can test it tonight, didn't notice that it already came out. This week we are low on personal so will try anyway to find someone to join my on the testing. Thanks for the quick development again Peter, is really appreciated.