Problem with Cross Platform Shared Cockpit

Report problems with JoinFS.
edakridge

Problem with Cross Platform Shared Cockpit

Post by edakridge »

We tried a shared cockpit test tonight. I was in P3D and Manny was in FSX. We could not join each others cockpit, even though we were both running 1.1.13 and permissions had been given. This was working with 1.1.10. We tried again with both of us in FSX and joined cockpits no problem. It appears that there is some kind of cross platform voodoo going on.

Peter
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Cross Platform Shared Cockpit

Post by Peter »

Is anyone else seeing this? It shouldn't matter which platform you're running it on. The permissions don't have anything to do with SimConnect. Could it have been a delay between enabling the permission and being allowed to enter?

Peter
edakridge

Post by edakridge »

It was just the two of us testing. We will test again tonight.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Ah, just found the problem. :) You may be able to do it by unticking the share cockpit permission, doing enter cockpit and then reenable it. Otherwise just wait for an update. There are some other modifications to make anyway. It's almost there.

Peter
edakridge

Post by edakridge »

Okay we tested it the way you said. It worked between FSX and P3D. One minor issue though when switching flight controls in flight, the person that does the handoff sees some "Twitchiness" or stuttering. Similar to low FPS, even though my FPS was 29.9. As I said Minor issue. At least we are able to handoff controls back and forth now.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Do you mean stuttering in the yoke/rudder controls. That would be expected (and something I may be able to sort out at a later date)

Before the hand over, did the other pilot notice any stuttering on their side? Try swapping who enters the others aircraft and see if the stuttering also happens for the other person. Check your frame rates as well, just in case.

Peter
edakridge

Post by edakridge »

Another small glitch when handing controls back and forth is the brakes. it seems that when controls are passed back and forth in flight the brakes come on in flight and stay on.
edakridge

Post by edakridge »

As to the stuttering , we were both smooth as silk before the handoff. The stutter started on his end after he passed the controls back to me, and subsided after about 1 minute. I experienced the same thing when I passed controls to him a second time.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Thanks, will look into it.

Peter