Wind information in P3D

Report problems with JoinFS.
aeronauta

Wind information in P3D

Post by aeronauta »

In Prepar3D_v3_Academic_3.4.22.19868 and with JoinFS 1.1.10 after selecting from aircrafts Copy Weather the weather is copied OK (not sure about the wind) but the SIM Shift Z does not show the wind direction or Knots. There is a value in the bottom line showing XXXXXKT as for dir and speed but does not match the value from the client selected.

Jorge
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Wind information in P3D

Post by Peter »

Hi Jorge,

The wind should be copied as well. It usually takes half a minute for the wind to be updated in the aircraft list.

I still need to do a bit of work on the weather as I don't think it works in a particularly good way at the moment. It tries to set the weather using the global settings, but I think that may be causing other issues with it.

Just to confirm, are you saying that after copying, and after a minute wait, your wind setting on the aircraft list doesn't match the aircraft that you had selected?

Peter
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Hi Peter , thank you for the reply, yes it does not match and also as I said in the SIM (P3D) on shift Z (the info that shows at the top left of the screen ,) the wind info remains as default (a direction and 0KT) and never changes.
Jorge
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Right, it sounds like it might be P3D that isn't allowing it. Could you double check that you don't have ActiveSky running or any other weather program, or check the P3D settings for an auto-update weather feature.

Peter
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Good one Peter, looking for an answer I found this in the P3D Learning Center :
Dynamic weather rate
When the weather rate slider is set to No change, weather remains as you set it in the User-defined weather dialog box. When this option is set to Low, Medium, High, or Very High, weather conditions change dynamically depending on the atmospheric conditions set in the Weather dialog box. For example, at the Low setting, it might take a couple of hours to see much change in the weather. At the Very High setting, you're likely to see changes in 15 to 20 minutes.

Dynamic weather applies to all three weather types: Weather themes, Real-world weather, and User-defined weather. Clouds, winds, and precipitation form and dissipate over time depending on the conditions chosen."

I had the setting to No Change.. maybe we leave this at that and next time in MP (Friday for me) I will do some testing...also Friday will be FSX ...(We fly MP in the OZx Flying Club Tuesday P3D and Fri FSX and we are trying to unify so all can fly together.

Will reportb then...thank you..

Jorge
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Thanks Jorge, it will be interesting to see what you find.

Peter
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Well, I think that the P3D setting is not the culprit, I have it set to max and no change and with the weather box ticked in Aircrafts the weather and wind (in shift Z)changes OK, but if I only change the wind it does not happen , I dont think this is a problem so I'm happy to ignore it.

Jorge

PS We are having another session FRI at 0900Z will test and report again.
spokes2112

Post by spokes2112 »

On the last flight I joined we did some experiments and found this.. ( I was in FSX, other in a mix of FSX/P3D ) WIth FSUIPC wind smoothing enabled I would get the same as described above, somewhat. At first I would get the reported winds but within 2 seconds it would go down to a wind direction at zero knots. Once I turned off wind smoothing in FSUIPC everything worked for the rest of the flights..
Brucee

Post by Brucee »

Five a/c online, mix of P3D & MSFSX
I had set the wx, others joined ticking my wx box & only I saw the correct wind direction & speed