No 'Leave' after you Join - and Whazzup

Report problems with JoinFS.
Dan-TXHills

No 'Leave' after you Join - and Whazzup

Post by Dan-TXHills »

TEST v 1.1.8

Not sure if this is by design or not - but once you join a session there is no longer an option to 'Leave'. It does disconnect the session when you close JoinFS so you can then join a different session.

I understand the principle of Whazzup regarding identifying who is in a particular session but
1. How do we set this up to show who is in our session and
2. What do others need to do to see who is in the session?

Will be the shared cockpit function soon - saw that you were tweaking what was done for TEST v 1.1.7 so I postponed testing. I did look at how you do this - Amazing flexibility that allows observer status only, or to select what functions and controls you want to share. Absolutely brilliant!

Dan
Peter
Site Admin

Re: No 'Leave' after you Join - and Whazzup

Post by Peter »

Hi Dan,

The indicators are now buttons, so you can just click the Network button to Leave/Join.

The Whazzup file can be used to show a live map of everyone in a session on a web page. Roo helped me with the format, and I believe he'll shortly post a thread about how to get it all hooked up correctly, once it's working. I'm not too clued-up on that side of things.

Yes, you can have as many shared cockpit passengers as you like. There's no limit. So, you could have 20 students along for the ride :) .

You can then share the control categories individually to one person per category, or all controls to the same person. That's mainly for larger multiple engine aircraft. Hopefully it's flexible enough to allow various different scenarios.

Thanks,
Peter
Dan-TXHills

Post by Dan-TXHills »

Thanks. Sorry I did not figure out the disconnect thing.

Will watch for Roo's post on Whazzup and see if I can also get this set up.

Please see my e-mail regarding our shared cockpit testing today.

Dan
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Peter wrote:Hi Dan,

The Whazzup file can be used to show a live map of everyone in a session on a web page. Roo helped me with the format, and I believe he'll shortly post a thread about how to get it all hooked up correctly, once it's working. I'm not too clued-up on that side of things.
Whazzup working perfectly Peter, Thank you.

If a user files a flight plan in the sim then Destination and Departure are shown.
Aircraft Type and squawk are shown, Brilliant.
My only small gripe is the CID isn't needed and only because it shows on one of the maps. ;)

For those that don't know a whazzup.txt files is used to display user information in maps and apps.
These are usually for Vatsim IVAO and other networks based on FSD servers.

There are Android apps I've come across that use a whazzup displaying data too (I'm not sure about iPhone).

I'm planning on writing a post as soon as I can get near to my laptop.

But until then if you want to host a map for your group you'll need to find a way to make your whazzup.txt file accessible to the outside world.

You may have to install a webserver or you may already have something like FS HOST which has a small webserver built in.

I have the below maps working showing MSFlights.net users which I'll share shortly.

http://roo.servebeer.com/jfs/map/
Looks for pictures based on aircraft type and ICAO airline trigraph.
(Won't show you if you have a - in your callsign, GABCD not G-ABCD).

http://roo.servebeer.com/map/
Easier to setup/install
A Google API v2 key is needed.

My whazzup is accessible below if you already know how it works and want some data to test with.

http://roo.servebeer.com/jfs/whazzup.txt
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Looking good, that, Roo.
ATC Roo wrote: (Won't show you if you have a - in your callsign, GABCD not G-ABCD).
Would you like me to automatically remove any '-' from the callsign when creating the whazzup.txt file?

Peter
ATC Roo

Post by ATC Roo »

Peter wrote:Looking good, that, Roo.
ATC Roo wrote: (Won't show you if you have a - in your callsign, GABCD not G-ABCD).
Would you like me to automatically remove any '-' from the callsign when creating the whazzup.txt file?

Peter
That would be helpful to save everybody editing the maps and keep them as they were written by their authors.

While I'm here..... ;)

1. Squawks don't seem to be changing in the whazzup.
2. Whazzup only displays an ATC from the same client that outputs the whazzup.

I have euroscope working but not by simply reading the output.

I'm nicking the data from Euroscope.txt and adding my own timestamp at 2 second intervals.
I then create a file that appends to end >> and delete anything older than 4 seconds.

This puts the euroscope display 4 seconds behind real time.
It seems it likes to read the initial time.
Read the next time stamp and start counting between the two.
One second before it runs out read the next timestamp.

I think three times are needed but that would currently put a controller 10 seconds (4seconds with my output) behind.

I'm going to try....

[Time 2 seconds ago]
Prevoius Data
[Time now]
Current data
[Time now +2]
Current data

I'm still testing and might try 1 second intervals which would reduce the delay to that of around realworld 2-3 seconds.

I'll hopefully get some map details together tonight to post for everybody.