Blank node joining??

Report problems with JoinFS.
PH-LCS

Blank node joining??

Post by PH-LCS »

Hi Peter,

This evening we had a session on my server (laptop) and from 9 nodes connected, I only could only see 6.
For those nodes I did not see, I asked them to re-connect so I could figure out to see what's the problem.

When the node leaves and re-joined, I saw in my node-list a blank one appearing; no nickname, no callsign, no aircraft.......
After a while the blank node disappeared.
But still I was not able to see him in the session.
This was for the three nodes the same I didn't see.

I checked the log in joinfs server and the node trying to connect reads as follows:
26-02-2017 21:37.44 Added node: 16105
26-02-2017 21:37.45 Simconnect exception: 3
26-02-2017 21:37.45 Added plane: PH-MVB, Beech Baron 58 w G1000, as Beech Baron 58 w G1000

Also tried to re-boot the server, let all nodes restart JoinFS and re-join.
Still not able to see all nodes, now 2 other nodes not visible and 1 old node not visible.

???????
I can't figure it out what is happening....... {@¿@}

gr.
Jos
PH-LCS

Re: Blank node joining??

Post by PH-LCS »

For your info: everyone is running version 1.1.4

gr.
Jos
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Jos,

Are your simulator PC and laptop server both behind the same router? And are you yourself connecting to your laptop node? If so, you probably will run into some problems. It's not fully designed to have a mixture of nodes external and internal in the same session. I'll be having a look at this soon, it's only a minor fix to get it working correctly.

Do you have your router port forwarded on two different ports, one for the PC and a different one for the laptop node?

Peter
PH-LCS

Post by PH-LCS »

Hi Peter,

1. Are your simulator PC and laptop server both behind the same router?
Yes

2. And are you yourself connecting to your laptop node?
Yes, but also when joining via external DNS the same problem.

3. Do you have your router port forwarded on two different ports, one for the PC and a different one for the laptop node?
No, I have only one port forwarded to the laptop server. Should I create one for the pc as well?

gr.
Jos
PH-LCS

Post by PH-LCS »

Hi Peter,

Forgot to ask: What does this mean: 26-02-2017 21:37.45 Simconnect exception: 3

gr.
Jos
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

The Simconnect exception happens frequently. I haven't identified the cause yet, but it's safe to ignore it for now.

You'll need to set up two separate port forwards on your router, for example,

JoinFS on your PC, set View|Settings, local port to 6000. Then add router port forward for UDP 6000 to your PC's static IP address.
For the laptop, you should be able to leave it as it sounds like you already have that set up.

If you still have problems, try joining the address of someone else in the session, and not your own laptop.

Hope that helps,
Peter
PH-LCS

Post by PH-LCS »

Thx Peter for the quick responce.
Allready added a different portforwarding for the pc. Tonight will set that same port into the settings of JoinFS on the pc.

gr.
Jos