Losing visibility with JFS

Report problems with JoinFS.
Grumpy

Losing visibility with JFS

Post by Grumpy »

Yesterday..... several of us were flying in JoinFS and at various times, and when arriving at our destination, some could see the others and some could not. So we all LEFT and then REJOINED, JoinFS via the little window, and VOILA....everyone saw everybody again.

Some of us had changed our WEATHER, and AIRCRAFT, and who knows what else...ENROUTE..and it seems that ANY change by anyone after joining FS, does not mean they are disconnected...BUT, it does mean that things come unglued as far as being able to see various planes, seemingly depending upon WHO made the changes while flying.

Soooo....we have adopted a new rule, which so far works well....As we arrive near our destination...EVERYBODY resets their JoinFS....and any disconnects that have occurred while flying are reinstated, and everybody arrives in good fashion at the end. This seems to be the only way to have a communal reset, as you will never know when someone chooses to reset something, without telling everyone.

So, for testing purposes...maybe we could say...within 20 miles of your destination airport...reset your JoinFS..
I think it might have something to do with...like when we reset our scenery after flying for an hour or so.
I am not sure whether it is really a malfunction of JoinFS, or of FSX in the same mode as a scenery reset.

What do you think??

Peter - This was sent to me from one of our good members, and I promised to pass it on pretty much verbatim, for you edificatory edumication.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Losing visibility with JFS

Post by Peter »

Thanks, Grumpy, for passing on the message. :)

It would be really helpful if one of the people seeing the problem could enable logging in the View|Monitor window and then PM me the log from a complete flight. Hopefully that may shed some light on it.

Best regards,
Peter