Problem joining.

Report problems with JoinFS.
511Flyer

Problem joining.

Post by 511Flyer »

During a test session with one other person, him in FSXSE and myself in FSX, I encountered a problem. Sometimes I could join him but not him to me, and vice versa.

When the problem occurs, I see this in my log. We don't understand why. Can you help please?

Image[/url]

Dennis.
Peter
Site Admin

Re: Problem joining.

Post by Peter »

Hi Dennis,

Could you tick the record log box, please, and then post/PM the full log file. I need to see what happened earlier on.

Thanks,
Peter
511Flyer

Post by 511Flyer »

Thanks for the quick reply Peter. That shot is all I had from that session. The person I was with at that time isn't available at the moment, so I can't try again until he is.

I have just loaded FSX and JoinFS, this is what I see. I don't know if that helps.

Dennis,
511Flyer

Post by 511Flyer »

Hi Peter.

Last evening I flew with two others, each of us using a different sim. Myself in FSX, the others in FSXSE and P3d. We joined without any problems whatsoever. The next session will be between the two of us who experienced the original problem. I'll keep you posted.

Dennis.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Thanks, Dennis.
fseindhoven

Post by fseindhoven »

Hello Dennis,
you are running FSX-X without service packs (version 61637)
Read the stuff on our web searching 61637 in the search field.
Hit and you will find 4 articles; upgrade with SP1 and SP2 first.
https://flightsimeindhoven.wordpress.com/?s=61637

Download the SimConnect as described in the JoinFS manual.
You may want to download for our download location.
OneDrive\Shared_FSEINDHOVEN\FSX FS9\FSX Servicepacks
OneDrive\Shared_FSEINDHOVEN\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK
Good luck
PH-JVA
511Flyer

Post by 511Flyer »

Thank you fseindhoven, but I do have SP's 1&2, I also have FSX Acceleration expansion pack. I also have the wonderful NL2000 scenery.

Dennis.
511Flyer

Post by 511Flyer »

Peter. The original problem has arisen again during testing with the same user in MP.

I have sent you a PM via this forum.

Dennis.
511Flyer

Post by 511Flyer »

I've not received a reply to date, despite sending copies of my log.

However, we seem to have resolved the problem ourselves. One thing that we have done, is to change all the traffic settings to zero in FSX before we fly. This stops the disabling of objects that occur during flight. Flying outside multiplayer, I just reset traffic as desired.

I'm happy now Peter, and have just made a donation.

Dennis.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Dennis,

Apologies for not responding to the PM. I think I may have confused this with a similar thread or simply overlooked it.

I suppose it's a good idea to set the traffic slider for multiplayer if it's not required for the session. I'm still not sure what the underlying problem was but I shall keep an eye out for it in case it occurs again.

Thanks for the donation. Appreciated. :)

Peter
skirnon123

Post by skirnon123 »

hi everyone,

can someone help me out. i was trying to join my mates cockpit which i successfully did but when he was setting up the plane i could see what he was doing and when i was doing things he couldn't see what i was doing either.

thanks

skirnon123
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

skirnon123 wrote: can someone help me out. i was trying to join my mates cockpit which i successfully did but when he was setting up the plane i could see what he was doing and when i was doing things he couldn't see what i was doing either.
Hello,

In the current version it is passenger-only cockpit sharing, which means you will be able to see a lot of the pilot's interaction with the controls (a few things still need to be implemented), but if you change anything in the cockpit it will likely just change back after a few seconds.

The good news is that the next version 1.1.7 will hopefully have full sharing of controls which can be shared at different levels to multiple co-pilots. Will probably be "Surface controls", "Engine controls" and "Other controls".

Peter