BG2518-Bob

Re: 1.1.2 TCP Port Space Failure

Post by BG2518-Bob »

Super, willdo.

BG2518-Bob
BG2518-Bob

Post by BG2518-Bob »

Sad to report v1.1.5 (TEST) still locks out the PC it is running on from internet use after 24-48 hrs. Also no teamviewer connection can be made.

Bob.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Hi Bob,

it was worth a try. It does seem strange since apart from that website check it only opens and uses one UDP port and doesn't use any TCP ports. The only other thing I can think of is to try specifying a different port in the settings, and then on the router allow port forwarding on that port with UDP only.

I wonder if you restarted it every 12 hours whether the problem would still occur. Clutching at straws, really.

Peter
BG2518-Bob

Post by BG2518-Bob »

Peter,

I would ask that you please see if you can TEST it on a standalone PC i.e. just running JoinFS plus teanviewer (set ready to accept incoming connections) for an extended period (suggest 36 hours) and see if you get the lock out of outgoing internet use and the inability for incoming connection to that pc via teamviewer.

Nobody in our group seems to have the availability of their machines to do this to help the test process.

As previously mentioned if I don't have JoinFS running then there are no effective denial of service issues - internet use is normal, remote access is normal.

Bob.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Ok, will give it a go.

Peter
BG2518-Bob

Post by BG2518-Bob »

Peter,

Really appreciate this.

P.S. we used UDP port 6465 and I did check Teamviewer's port requirements to see if there was a clash and it appears not so.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

I've just remembered that SimConnect uses TCPIP communication. I wonder if that is causing it somehow. Difficult to check though.

Peter
BG2518-Bob

Post by BG2518-Bob »

The PC that is being used for JoinFS was being used with the latest version of P3D acting as a server with NO issues.

If simconnect was a part of P3D then that isn't it either - sorry.

BTW I'm NOT using P3D on that machine at the same time as JoinFS.

Each was being used separately as required with a view to dumping P3D in preference to JoinFS
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

So, on the machine that you are having trouble with. Are you running P3D when you get the problem? And do you have SimConnect installed on that machine?

Peter
PH-LCS

Post by PH-LCS »

Hi there,

I would like to join this, cause I am having the same problem as Bob.
Hardware is a laptop with W10, acts as a server (FTP, JoinFS, FSCopilot, Teamviewer). Also Simconnect installed and FSX.
I use portforwarding UDP 7083.
After about 12 hrs there is no connection via Teamviewer possible. Also Chrome has no internet connection.

But JoinFS is still running, I checked via another machine. Also the FTP is still reachable.
After rebooting the laptop all is well, untill after about 12 hrs the same problem appears.

gr. Jos
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

That's strange. I've been running JoinFS on Windows 10 now for about 30 hours and there's no sign of any problems yet. I wonder if it is related to P3D and the version of SimConnect it uses.
PH-LCS wrote:But JoinFS is still running, I checked via another machine. Also the FTP is still reachable.
After rebooting the laptop all is well, untill after about 12 hrs the same problem appears.

gr. Jos
When it happens again, could you try going to the command prompt and use the command 'netstat -anbo' to see if you can see what is taking up all the ports? To reiterate, don't post your netstat results here as it's security sensitive information.

Peter
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Instead of netstat, there is also a UI tool. If you run 'perfmon /res' as administrator you can see what TCP connections are active. This should show where the problem is.

Peter
PH-LCS

Post by PH-LCS »

Peter,

Thx for your reply.
Yesterday I looked into the laptop and indeed the Teamviewer was not connected. Problem with establishing connection. Also the Chrome app did have a connection. All the other programs still running. So I had to reboot the laptop at 22:51 GMT.
As for now the laptop is still running in order (07:10 GMT). I can reached it with Teamviewer and also Chrome is working. I will sent you the netstat via PM.

Do you have a link for the UI tool?

gr.
Jos
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

PH-LCS wrote: Do you have a link for the UI tool?
It's part of Windows. Just run 'permon /res' either from the command prompt or using the keys 'Windows+R'.

Peter
BG2518-Bob

Post by BG2518-Bob »

Chaps and especially Jos (thanks for showing I'm not completely mad),

Have been and am sick as a dog (winter bugs etc) so useless to help at the moment.

I am VERY thankful for your efforts !!

BG2518-Bob.

Will be back in the saddle as soon as.....
BG2518-Bob

Post by BG2518-Bob »

Should be

perfmon /res

then look under Network Tab for TCP Connections

-----------

right, back to bed - cough
BG2518-Bob

Post by BG2518-Bob »

One more.....

"That's strange. I've been running JoinFS on Windows 10 now for about 30 hours and there's no sign of any problems yet. I wonder if it is related to P3D and the version of SimConnect it uses."

When JoinFS is running on the "server" PC there is NO NEED for P3D to be running and it is not. So simconnect is out of the equation.

ONLY JoinFS & the Teamviewer service (ready for a connection) are running .

The Chrome test is only made to find out if the machine still has outgoing connection once we get the lockout from Teamviewer.

JoinFS continues to run.

Windows logs show the Port Space Failure.

------------

I will set up again when better.
PH-LCS

Post by PH-LCS »

Bob,

The same problem here, JoinFS, Filezilla & the Teamviewer service (ready for a connection) are running. When I do not get a remote connection with Teamviewer and still with Teamspeak and/or JoinFS, then I know there is a problem with Teamviewer. When I get home and check Chrome, then there is no internetconnection .... (??).

For now the laptop is still running all OK after a reboot yesterday 22:51GMT ...... so for more then 12,5 hrs.
Keep my fingers crossed.

When TV and Chrome hangs up I will check the Windows log and report later.

gr.
Jos
BG2518-Bob

Post by BG2518-Bob »

Jos,

I've been to almost 4 days before it locks !!

The really odd thing is that without JoinFS there is no problem.

As an aside.....

I use on another PC (NOT THE SERVER PC) a program called VoiceAttack to convert my speech to commands in Win 10, all sorts of apps and even to P3D (it really is fun).

BUT VoiceAttack states on loading "Teamviewer App detected. This may cause conflicts with VoiceAttack. This warning can be turned off via the Options screen."

For whatever reason VA and TV don't want to work well together and I'm getting the feeling we are in THAT situation with JFS and TV.

See here:
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.c ... teamviewer

--------------

Plus, I'm thinking that TeamViewer may be making connections that are simply conflicting.....

See TV Settings/Advanced network settings

Do you see the option Use UDP (recommended) ? I get the feeling I'm getting warmer (must take more asprin).

cheers,

Bob.
PH-LCS

Post by PH-LCS »

Hi Bob,

I've checked and TV opens 3 to 4 ports and found no conflicts.
And the option UDP is checked (standard)

Also when option is off, no conflicts.

gr.
Jos