Network latency issue 1.0.14

Report problems with JoinFS.
Deano1973

Re: Network latency issue 1.0.14

Post by Deano1973 »

Peter wrote:Well that definitely adds weight to the theory.

The next test version may be a little bit longer. ;)

Peter
Hi Peter,

I did try to send a PM but it vanished. If we use v1.1.8 is it still stable otherwise? The shared controls are obviously out but if we share cockpit via the main aircraft page of JoinFS is that the passenger mode?

I will be trying to create a general manual for JoinFS for our members at MODsim soon but we're not really clear on which way is best to go about some things yet...
Dan-TXHills

Post by Dan-TXHills »

Deano1973 wrote:
I will be trying to create a general manual for JoinFS for our members at MODsim soon but we're not really clear on which way is best to go about some things yet...
I have not published anything beyond the user guide for the latest stable version 1.1.14 but I do have some things in draft for what amounts to major changes in some areas (e.g., cockpit sharing, substitution logic) so that I can get this on-line as soon as the issues with the current version are worked out.

Also, I have not yet included anything on recording, playback and over-dubbing since my focus was to provide something to get folks connected using the basic features and functions.

For now this might be of some use to you: JoinFS-UserGuide_v1.1.4

Dan
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Deano1973 wrote: I did try to send a PM but it vanished. If we use v1.1.8 is it still stable otherwise? The shared controls are obviously out but if we share cockpit via the main aircraft page of JoinFS is that the passenger mode?

I think 1.1.8 is fairly stable if not using the shared cockpit. If you're after stability though, there's the stable version which is at 1.1.4. You can have both the stable and test versions installed at the same time, just make sure you all use the same one when connecting as a group.

Once the shared cockpit is fixed, I'm going to concentrate on getting all the little bugs a gripes cleared up and at that point things should be reasonably finalized I think in terms of the way things function.

Hope that makes things a little clearer.

Peter